Using A Flash Drive

Sigord

Aug 8, 2015
I bought the adapter lead that that plugs into my Asus Google Nexus 7 tiny USB port and accepts any USB Flash Drive, but I have no ide how the contents of the drive can be seen on the Tablet to be copied over. Do I need a flash drive APP perhaps.

Any suggestions please?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When you say adapter lead, was it an OTG cable that siad it would work with the Nexus. If so you may need to go to settings - storage and mount it. You shouldn't need any special app, any file manager should work.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There isn't enough information there to say it will work with the Nexus. It does say Samsung. Not every OTG cable works the same. It's not because of the cable as much as it's the pin configuration in the micro USB port. Have you tried to see if it's seen in the storage manager?

Sigord

Aug 8, 2015
I hate to disagree with your advice, but from looking at a variety of adapter leads on sale to allow you to connect a Flash Drive to a tablet it is obvious you do not need a special for each make of tablet. In fact many are advertised for All tablets, and one even states for a Samsung or Nexus.

However what you do need is a free App for at least viewing all the files on a Flash drive, and like JPS activating them by just tapping on them. I cannot see a File Manager able to access a Flash Drive, but as I explained before I have one allowing you to copy files from and to a PC using Windows Explorer.

Another FM did not have an option to access a PC, but it did allow you to view etc. all the files like JPG and also the strange Linux type files like in bin etc. But this I suspect could allow the Android system to be corrupted. So beware!!

Gordon