Using Android "App Backup"

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Hi all - I'm still trying to get OpenflightGPS installed on my Asus Memo 7" tablet. (See prior post.) I'm trying to use the Android "App Backup" application now. I have successfully backed up the OpenFlightGPS app from my Transformer and have saved the backup file to the backup folder on my Memo. However, now when I try to restore this file I get a message saying that my applications will be restored. Applications - plural. Since I have only one file on this backup file, does that mean that I will lose all of my other apps on my Memo? Or, when I hit the "Restore" button, will the OpenFlightGPS app be just added to all of my other apps? Thanks for your help. - Jim Williams

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When you pick the restore option it will open the backup and allow you to select what you want to restore. If that's the only app there it's a done deal. It will NOT bother anything else.

Jim_W

Apr 27, 2013
Thank you Leeshor! That worked. I now have OpenFlightGPS installed and running on my Asus Memo 7". (Just in time - We're flying back to the east coast in two weeks.) Android's "App Backup" is a great program. - Jim Williams

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thank you Leeshor! That worked. I now have OpenFlightGPS installed and running on my Asus Memo 7". (Just in time - We're flying back to the east coast in two weeks.) Android's "App Backup" is a great program. - Jim Williams

That is actually an exclusive to ASUS tablets. On other tablets you would need to be rooted to even install an app that would get close. It's a great benefit of the ASUS tablets.