Using Hotmail and sending files as attachments

asadali

Nov 21, 2011
How can I send files (data or pictures) as attachments using hotmail on Thrive. I can't find the option of attaching any file when I am sending an email through hotmail on thrive.

I even tried to set up my hotmal account on thrive using mail app but I don't know how to do that either. It asks me whether I want to add POP mail or SMTP mail or IMAP mail.
Can someone please let me know how can I do this?

Asad

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Asad, congratulations on your new Thrive and welcome to Android Tablets. Sorry to hear you're having a problem and I'm moving your thread to the Toshiba Thrive section to see if someone there can help you.

batfish

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2011
How can I send files (data or pictures) as attachments using hotmail on Thrive. I can't find the option of attaching any file when I am sending an email through hotmail on thrive.

I even tried to set up my hotmal account on thrive using mail app but I don't know how to do that either. It asks me whether I want to add POP mail or SMTP mail or IMAP mail.
Can someone please let me know how can I do this?

Asad

To set it up using the email app just enter your username and password but don't choose "Manual setup" instead just choose "Next" that will configure the account for you automatically. You can also try using a browser that is in "Desktop mode" and navigate to hotmail.com, login, create your email email and you should see the option for attachments.

asadali

Nov 21, 2011
Thnaks a lot. I will try this today and let you know if I come across any other problems.

asadali

Nov 21, 2011
To set it up using the email app just enter your username and password but don't choose "Manual setup" instead just choose "Next" that will configure the account for you automatically. You can also try using a browser that is in "Desktop mode" and navigate to hotmail.com, login, create your email email and you should see the option for attachments.
I couldn't work with either method :(.
When I try to set it up using mail app, I didn't do it manually. I just pressed next, but then it asked me to choose one of the three options, POP, SMTP, IMAP. I chose all three one by one in three attempts, but none works.
Then I tried using normal browser on tablet and logged into hotmail. I can compose a new email but I couldn't find anywhere to attach a file.
Help me please:confused:

Asad

batfish

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2011
I couldn't work with either method :(.
When I try to set it up using mail app, I didn't do it manually. I just pressed next, but then it asked me to choose one of the three options, POP, SMTP, IMAP. I chose all three one by one in three attempts, but none works.
Then I tried using normal browser on tablet and logged into hotmail. I can compose a new email but I couldn't find anywhere to attach a file.
Help me please:confused:

Asad

Ok, try the manual setup. Enter your email and password and select manual setup, select Exchange, next for domain\username enter your email address and enter your password in the password field, for server enter m.hotmail.com and make sure Use Secure Connection (SSL) is Enabled and click next. Look over the options in the next screen and select next again and next screen will want you to choose a name to give your account (optional) once you have done that it should be all setup. As for the browser, if it is not on "desktop mode" it will take you to the mobile version of hotmail which doesn't have the attach file option. Use something like Dolphin from the market and change the UAstring to Dekstop.

asadali

Nov 21, 2011
Ok, try the manual setup. Enter your email and password and select manual setup, select Exchange, next for domain\username enter your email address and enter your password in the password field, for server enter m.hotmail.com and make sure Use Secure Connection (SSL) is Enabled and click next. Look over the options in the next screen and select next again and next screen will want you to choose a name to give your account (optional) once you have done that it should be all setup. As for the browser, if it is not on "desktop mode" it will take you to the mobile version of hotmail which doesn't have the attach file option. Use something like Dolphin from the market and change the UAstring to Dekstop.

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation to set it up. I will try it out and let you know how it went.

Thanks again.

Asad

Regan77

Feb 9, 2013
I tried this but when I enter my email address, do I need to put in like \[email protected] or plain [email protected] without "\".? Anyway, I tried both and got the message that the path could not be found. What am I doing wrong?

I have downloaded Dolphin and it opens up hotmail as in normal PC and is good.

Asad[/QUOTE
No need ffor any off the above. Just scroll down to the bottom of any hotmail page, click on 'pc site' at the very bottom, this will lead you to returning your hotmail in the exact layout that you are familiar with on your normal pc.