V712 Root and Google Play Etc..

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
For v712_V2 only.

Please make sure you have no "factory_update_param.aml" files on sdcard or other "update/patch/root .zip" files.

If you need your firmware heres the link (Quicker download)

http://inwtablet.com/Downloads/Firmwares/Onda/V712/V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip

Now download this file - http://www.mediafire.com/?5a61n3m24p0iq1v New Link

Inside your firmware package is "update.zip" copy this to your sdcard.

Inside Onda_ICS.zip is "patch.zip" copy this to your sdcard.

Please make sure you have at least 50% battery and tablet is shut down completely, now boot to recovery menu and do the following-

wipe data/factory reset - wipe cache partition - wipe media partition

Then apply update from sdcard and choose "update.zip" one done apply update from sdcard and choose "patch.zip" once done reboot.

Last edited:

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
what I did also is by manually updating it. I used update.zip and Onda_ICS_2.zip. Just boot to recover then wipe then apply update. My playstore is working great. All apps are now compatible. I've downloaded Chrome and it is working. Though Voice search is not.

dihcareet

Dec 16, 2012
i cannot download patch.zip

it started downloading and then it said download completed in the following 2 seconds.

and file is just 2.24k instead of 40 mb

Last edited:

torrone

Dec 16, 2012
hi guys, i've a problem with onda v712 of a friend of mine. First of all i cannot understand if it is v1 or v2. i try to upgrade with v2 firmware with imageburntool as i read on onda website and v2 1.5.5. firmware but on 73% of upgrade it stops and change tablet mode in storage mode. Now i have tablet off and if i try to upgrade with your guide i cannot enter in recovery mode. what can i do? help me please!

dissatisfied

Dec 13, 2012
Its 40mb i will put a new link up for you.

It worked for me.
The Chinese Settings menu was intimidating, but then I looked at my English tablet and
figured it out
Thanks.
The process is precarious, at best.
The Onda tablet does not have volume control buttons, so no way to navigate the recovery menu.
I just rebooted, and it seemed to work. Installed your patch afterward.
It seems that the Wifi is slower/less strong than it used to be.
But Play Store lets me download, and it does not seem to go through Google China any more.
Still experimenting before I trust it with real info.
Downloading Norton Antivirus.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
It worked for me.
The Chinese Settings menu was intimidating, but then I looked at my English tablet and
figured it out
Thanks.
The process is precarious, at best.
The Onda tablet does not have volume control buttons, so no way to navigate the recovery menu.
I just rebooted, and it seemed to work. Installed your patch afterward.
It seems that the Wifi is slower/less strong than it used to be.
But Play Store lets me download, and it does not seem to go through Google China any more.
Still experimenting before I trust it with real info.
Downloading Norton Antivirus.

Hi, i think i have rid it of all spyware, if anything shows will you let me no thanks, also im looking in to the wifi issue, i seem to be getting a weaker signal on v701 since i went to 4.1.1, i have noticed a difference in size to 1 file inside the JB update.zip/system/etc/wifi , to the one in 4.0.3, i cant see a reason why a file for hardware needs to be altered as there was no issues and is not a great leap in OS. You could try looking in the 1.5 and 1.5.5 update.zip/system/etc/wifi and see if any difference and try swapping them with root explorer or i will let you no when i get round to it, busy trying to port windows 8.

Last edited:

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
what I did to fix this wifi problem and playstore being slow is by applying the update first from the update.zip then reboot then boot to recovery then apply update to patch.zip then reboot

dissatisfied

Dec 13, 2012
Hi, i think i have rid it of all spyware, if anything shows will you let me no thanks, also im looking in to the wifi issue, i seem to be getting a weaker signal on v701 since i went to 4.1.1, i have noticed a difference in size to 1 file inside the JB update.zip/system/etc/wifi , to the one in 4.0.3, i cant see a reason why a file for hardware needs to be altered as there was no issues and is not a great leap in OS. You could try looking in the 1.5 and 1.5.5 update.zip/system/etc/wifi and see if any difference and try swapping them with root explorer or i will let you no when i get round to it, busy trying to port windows 8.
Everything works. Wifi issue seems to be with a 802.11b/g AP, if I run on 802.11n it seems ok. Thanks a lot! The Onda 712 is a fine tablet, just the battery life is short. Passmark benchmark numbers are impressive.