Verizon's Android Tablet in the works

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
The Wall Street Journal has reported that Verizon Wireless and Google have joined forces to build a new Android based tablet to compete against the iPad. Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam revealed the plans in an interview:

"What do we think the next big wave of opportunities are?" Mr. McAdam said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. "We're working on tablets together, for example. We're looking at all the things Google has in its archives that we could put on a tablet to make it a great experience."

Bloomberg confirmed that the new device will run Google's Android operating system. While neither Verizon nor Google had more to add at this time, details will apparently be announced later this week.

justin82

May 28, 2010
this sounds exciting.hopefully it will be out before i have to upgrade my wireless broadband card and they will offer this at a special rate..

Jul 27, 2010
this sounds exciting.hopefully it will be out before i have to upgrade my wireless broadband card and they will offer this at a special rate..

Special Rate. . for them? or for you? By special you mean lower than you'd hoped?
Every time I've upgraded my Verizon phone it effectively. . "Oh you can't run that with your current plan. . .you'll have to increase your "minutes"