Vertical Line

dawson2794

Oct 10, 2011
HI I have a asus tf101 love it, or loved it until it started displaying rainbow colored lines on the right half of the screen. I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what is causing this. I have already checked the display cable its nicely seated. Could it be the screen itself no cracks or noticeable damage. If I can figure out whats wrong where can I get parts. Its been over a year so warranty is no longer good. I have done a factory reset with no help lines still persist. Thanks

Lettekitty

May 30, 2014
HI I have a asus tf101 love it, or loved it until it started displaying rainbow colored lines on the right half of the screen. I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what is causing this. I have already checked the display cable its nicely seated. Could it be the screen itself no cracks or noticeable damage. If I can figure out whats wrong where can I get parts. Its been over a year so warranty is no longer good. I have done a factory reset with no help lines still persist. Thanks
Hi I am having similar if not same problem with my tf101 and beings how this post is form 2012 I was wondering if u were ever able to fix the issue????

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Yep. Get your tablet repaired. Something in the screen is defective.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
Those lines occur in LCD computer monitors too. When one showed up on my friend's monitor I found a YouTube video about it. The video showed how the lines are caused by slight bending or folding of the screen. The techy was able to make them go away temporarily by bending the screen slightly the other way. But he had to take the screen apart to really fix it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If however, the fault is in the screen itself due to a failed transistor the screen is toast.