very annoying screen flickering after ics update

fsamoggia

Jun 9, 2012
Hi, this seems to be a common problem. After the ics update the screen has an annoying flickering, which was not visible in hc. This is not just a problem of this tablet as it was seen on other manufacturer devices with ics installed, also with tegra****2. I have no issues on my sgs2 and htc one s in this respect.
I have already submitted a complain to sony support, and hopefully they will do something bout it. For the moment it is just giving me the feeling I bought a second or even third quality product. I really wonder how sony could not see this in the testing phase, is so bloody evident even my grandmother would have spotted it.
I invite everyone with this problem to post a +1 here.
Great job sony.

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
Well I updated mine a few days ago and it's perfect.

Everything runs smoothly.

A phone call to your local Sony store may be in order as they may have an answer for you.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
allan40alt said:
Well I updated mine a few days ago and it's perfect.

Everything runs smoothly.

A phone call to your local Sony store may be in order as they may have an answer for you.

Have had it since the release with no problems.

Leicester69

Jun 27, 2012
I have had the same problem and because i also use my tablet as as alarm clock, the flashing at night was driving me mad. I may have solved it by changing my live/animated wallpaper to a static photo. This seems to have 2 effects:
1 - No more flashing screen.
2 - It's a picture of my missus, so no one would dare steal it.

Good luck guys

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds like it might be app related. Probably something to do with the update but not the update itself. You're best option would be to freeze apps one at a time and see if you can find the one triggering the condition. Typically live wallpapers as above and widgets (usually clock/weather) are to blame for this sort of thing.

Edit: One other thing causing issues for Acers is Google Chrome. If yo have this browser installed you may want to see if it is the cause.

psymon

Aug 13, 2012
i have a similar issue when ever i am on the home screen and pull up either the notifications or recent programs a portion of the screen blacks out, i think it used to be faded out but now it looks like the screen is cracked and is just a solid black line.

has anyone come up with a fix for this yet?

thanks

psymon

Aug 13, 2012
i have a similar issue when ever i am on the home screen and pull up either the notifications or recent programs a portion of the screen blacks out, i think it used to be faded out but now it looks like the screen is cracked and is just a solid black line.

has anyone come up with a fix for this yet?

thanks