Video problem with Coby 7036

Status
Not open for further replies.

landback

Oct 14, 2013
Sorry if this isn't in the right sub forum, not sure if this is a tech or development or general question.

I have two COBY 7036 tablets. I've successfully rooted both of them so google play works on them both. No issues there. (Thanks for the threads on that, very helpful)

The problem I'm having is that when I load my external sd card with videos, only 3 will work on either tablet.

Now here's the kicker. 3 videos will work on one tablet, and 3 other videos will work on the other tablet, however they aren't the same videos.

I put video 1, 2, 3 on the sd card for tablet 1 (along with a couple dozen more) and I put videos A, B, C on the sd card for tablet 2 (along with a couple dozen more).

Now I've put videos A, B, C onto the card for tablet 1 as well (trying to see if they would work) and the only videos that will play are still videos 1, 2, and 3.

Both SD cards (32 GB, microSD) are brand new, have only been used in the laptop to move files to them and the tablets.

I've downloaded every single highly recommended video player (mx, dice, mobo, etc) onto both devices and have attempted to play the videos on all of them, but still no luck.

The unplayable videos show up both in the players and the file manager, however when they're selected, they attempt to load and then say cannot play video.

I've searched google and this forum extensively to try and find a similar problem (or common fix) and can't find anything like this.

Am I using too big of an SDcard? Should I move files over 1 at a time instead of all at once? Would moving them from an external hard drive onto the SDcard cause the problem? At this point I'm just at a loss and really hope somebodies seen something similar to this and knows what the heck I'm doing wrong.

I'm substituting A,B,C,1,2,3 for the file names for the usual reasons. The files do work on windows media player, vlc, and like I've said they work on the tablets, but only 3 at a time, and not the same 3, so I doubt it's the files themselves.

Any help anyone could give, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading,

Landback

landback

Oct 14, 2013
Update: I put the SD card from tablet 2 into tablet 1 and the same 3 videos that played on tablet 2 will play on tablet 1. However, those same 3 videos on the SDcard for tablet 1 will not.

landback

Oct 14, 2013
Update 2: Kept working on it and figured out the "cause". For some reason, despite the sd card being a 32GB card, once I put over 2 GBs on the card, the rest of the videos are unreadable. Not sure what would cause that.

It's not that the files are unreadable on the tablet, I cannot even read the files on vlc or media player. It's almost like the file allocation table is freezing or something after 2 GB.

I formatted the drive to have a clean slate, put on two files (about 2.2 total), worked fine and when I put the third file (about 750 mb) on it, it's unreadable. So I formatted it again, this time I started with the file that wasn't readable and another one (about 2.1 total), worked fine and when I tried to put the third file (one of the first two so I knew it wasn't the file), it won't read either.

Anyone know a workaround for that particular problem? Or am I better off simply trying to get a new card and hope for the best?

landback

Oct 14, 2013
Update 3: Found out that the cards I got were 2GB cards being sold as 32 GB cards on ebay. Pretty strange that they're read as 32GB. Went back and looked at some follow up feedback from the seller and turns out they were fake.

Running H2testw right now, but I'm pretty sure that they're fake based on the feedback of the same and similar items from the seller.

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time. Feel free to close the thread, as it obviously wasn't a tablet issue, just a scumbag issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.