Video problems in 7024.

Jun 14, 2011
Hi there,

I just recently received a 7024 after using the 7015 for around 5 months (and really liked it). The 7024 was a replacement because my 7015 broke. My 7015 played videos flawlessly, but I am having a lot of issues playing my videos (avi, mkv, mp4, etc.) on the 7024. All of my videos skip so much they are pretty unwatchable. Does this sound like a problem that may be corrected with a new update or something? I've tried two different computers transferring the files and it is still the same. I would think that since this new Kyros has a faster processor that this wouldn't be a problem? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

GoldPimp

May 26, 2011
I use realplayer beta from market with good success on my videos. Never did like the default player.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I could play MOV (quick time) very well. AVI from my cannon snapshot camera had odd colored shadows (smear) but played without skipping. MPEG also worked good. This is 3 different players I tried. I did like realplayer beta also.

I did have a bad slow down after moving about 150 pictures to the 4gig internal memory. Took a couple of minuets to see the thumbnails and it was taking many seconds to switch to the next picture. A power down re-boot fixed it. Could you have something taking up CPU time in the background??

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks for your comments! I've tried a plethora of video players (Rock, Real Player, etc.), even my favorite on the 7015, MVideoPlayer, and they all skip horribly. So disappointed! Not sure what could be taking up the CPU time in the background as I haven't installed anything but these video players since I got it. I'm very close to just giving up on it.