Video's won't play

arena

Jul 8, 2011
I'm really having trouble playing video on my Thrive. I recorded movies using Windows Media Center, converted them to H264 mp4, cut each movie in half to get each file under 2gb, transferred them to a 32gb sdcard. All files were converted in batch mode using Free make so all should be exactly the same. Of the 8 files on the card, only one will play. I've tried the Thrive media player, mx video player, zimly & mobo. What is going wrong here?

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

Youngsterc09

Dec 5, 2011
I have had no trouble playing all windows media video files (wmv). Can you convert to this format in your Windows media center?

I have two related issues. Have Flash (flv4) video files that won't play, even thoiugh I installed Flash Player App. Also, am trying to watch Australian tennis on ESPN360.....can hear the audio, but no video. Any suggestions?

BillTheCat

Nov 13, 2011
MP4 isn't MP4. I had to down-sample all my movies before Thrive would play them in any video player :) Now, I have 2 copies of each - one for the home theater and another for the tablet.

Local FLV files don't play - never have. They play over the web but not on theSD card, the tablet has no idea what to do -- options are Toshiba media player, another player or Overdrive Media.

Good luck!

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm really having trouble playing video on my Thrive. I recorded movies using Windows Media Center, converted them to H264 mp4, cut each movie in half to get each file under 2gb, transferred them to a 32gb sdcard. All files were converted in batch mode using Free make so all should be exactly the same. Of the 8 files on the card, only one will play. I've tried the Thrive media player, mx video player, zimly & mobo. What is going wrong here?

Bad/fake memorycard.

There are a lot of people on sites like eBay that sell fake memorycards. 2GB's made to look like a 32GB, and with some special formatting they appear as 32GB (28GB or so) on computers and devices as well.
You can copy files to it to the reported size, however everything that goes over the actual storage capacity will be corrupted.

Since 1 file plays and the rest not, it is likely a rebranded 2GB card.

This article explains a bit more:

Quick Tip: Fake Memorycards | Tools4Movies | DVD Catalyst 4