View embedded pdf file on Tablet

stod

Mar 9, 2012
I have an NATPC M009S Tablet. I want to be able to view an embedded pdf file on a web page. The easiest way to illustrate the problem is to go this page Untitled Document. On a PC it displays perfectly (3 frames in a frameset with the main frame being a pdf file). However, the best result that I can achieve on the tablet is with Opera Mini where I have the option to save the file. However, I simply want to display it.Does anyone know how this can be achieved please?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Dolphin Browser has an add-on that I think will do what you want.

genterminl

Aug 29, 2012
On my PC, the third frame offers to download the PDF, it does not display it. However, that is by my choice in how I set up the Acrobat plugin. I would assume there is a similar configuration option for the PDF plugin, depending on both the browser and the plugin.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
On my PC, the third frame offers to download the PDF, it does not display it. However, that is by my choice in how I set up the Acrobat plugin. I would assume there is a similar configuration option for the PDF plugin, depending on both the browser and the plugin.

That's basically what I was just pointing out with Dolphin. There is no Adobe plugin that is cross browser compatible in Android.

stod

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for your efforts. I've been pouring through add-ons for Dolphin, Opera Mini and Firefox but, sadly, can't yet find any add-on that will allow me to view an embedded pdf file. Will keep looking.

stod

Mar 9, 2012
I know that it is not the answer that some will want to see.....but I have recoded the web page so that it detects whether a PC or tablet is being used. If a tablet is being used then with Dolphin (and Firefox) the code opens the pdf file in a separate tab rather than embedded in a frame on the original page (which is how the PC displays the pdf file). I failed to find a suitable add-on.