View photos from camera or cardreader

mbr99

Jul 18, 2011
Hi there,

I own a A500 acer tablet and I am verry happy with it. he only problem I have is that I like to view the pictures taken with my Canon EOS 1000D camera on my tablet during the vacation. How do I do this? I connected the camera with an USB cable but it doesn't appear in the USB devices / SD devices folder. The photoview software on the tablet doesn't show them either.

I also tried putting the SD card into a multi cardreader but no luck either.

Inserting a sticky works fine. The SD-card is formated FAT32. I saw an article that I need to install Busybox / Mountdrive and root access, but is that really the way to do this?

I hope somebody can help me.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
In the top sticky article i posted some results on using multi-slot card readers will the A500.

Short version : you can get it confused plugging and unplugging to quickly.
Try rebooting with the device plugged in.
Look for your photos in
/mnt/usb_storage with a good file manager.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I just grabbed my Olympus camera, (for which I paid about a thousand dollars less then your EOS) and plugged it into the Acer.

The camera asked me if I wanted it to act like it was plugged into a PC (act like USB Storage), I said yes, and noticed the light on the camera got busy as the Acer scanned the camera. (Presumably the Cannon dos something similar. You might miss this step if you weren't watching the camera).

The standard Gallery app showed me all the pictures on the camera, and ES File Explorer allowed me to manipulate them, copy, paste, etc.

Down side is that you have to carry your camera cord along.

Remember that the location is in the root of the Tablet, not in the sdcard directory. In Es File explorer you have to press the little memory card icon.
then look in /mnt/usb_storage.

If your cannon does not store internally as jpg you won't see anything that you can do anything with. If you selected RAW storage of images, you might need to hit the market to see what can handle that.

You DO NOT need to root your tablet. That is up the wrong tree barking.

tletel76

Jul 1, 2011
I also have a canon camera brand new and it transferred all my pictures with the USB cable automatically, also, as said, purchase a memory card reader, that works also

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum