Viewing photos on the Archos 101

Doc D

Jan 16, 2011
Just got my 101 & loving it. I am a bit disapointed in the quality of my 12megapixel jpeg photos. They should be crystal clear & zoomable, but they're not. They look much better on my 5 year old laptop. Any idea if this is a software issue as the HD screen should be far better?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Depends on the app you use, but Android does have a tendency of scaling down images for better performance. Your Archos is not more powerful than your 5 year old laptop.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
What is said above. The default app for viewing is not the best. There are many better viewers. I can zoom in so far to see the pixelation on my 14Mb pics.
Are you just wanting to view or do simple edits? Do you have the Market fix installed? If you do, I will recommend. I hate recommending something you might not have access.

Doc D

Jan 16, 2011
Depends on the app you use, but Android does have a tendency of scaling down images for better performance. Your Archos is not more powerful than your 5 year old laptop.

Fair point concerning the actual onboard processing power. The 101 is slightly more than a photo frame after all.

Doc D

Jan 16, 2011
What is said above. The default app for viewing is not the best. There are many better viewers. I can zoom in so far to see the pixelation on my 14Mb pics.
Are you just wanting to view or do simple edits? Do you have the Market fix installed? If you do, I will recommend. I hate recommending something you might not have access.

Just looking to view pictures & no I dont have Market Fix as yet.

Doc D

Jan 16, 2011
Got hold of justpictures. What an improvement. The image quality is so much better, certainly does justice to the HD display. The inteface is a bit twitchy, but worth putting up with it for the pictue quality.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Fair point concerning the actual onboard processing power. The 101 is slightly more than a photo frame after all.

The 101 is far more than a Photo frame. Unless you considered a P3 PC a photoframe.