ViewPad 10 to have N550 and 2GB RAM

username7

Apr 2, 2011
Not really significant for the Android boot...
But at least it will have nice boost on windows environment and shouldn't it increase the battery life too?

Not sure though if I can wait few more weeks before buying the ViewPad 10 :p I might buy the older version next week hehe.

Last edited:

dleite

Mar 24, 2011
Save your money and look for a faster tablet. I've had this for a few weeks and I still can't get PDF to work on the Android. I used to be ecstatic that I had a Viewpad tablet but now it's just another Windows paper weight. It's too slow and the SSD is too small. I tried to upgrade the RAM to 4GB but 4GB is too much, the Viewpad won't boot. I'll change the RAM to 2GB next week.

username7

Apr 2, 2011
Save your money and look for a faster tablet. I've had this for a few weeks and I still can't get PDF to work on the Android. I used to be ecstatic that I had a Viewpad tablet but now it's just another Windows paper weight. It's too slow and the SSD is too small. I tried to upgrade the RAM to 4GB but 4GB is too much, the Viewpad won't boot. I'll change the RAM to 2GB next week.
But this will have 2x RAM 2x HDD space and dual core processor. That's a lot better if you compare to the old model.

And I haven't seen faster 10" tablets that do run windows 7 too (or only).

dleite

Mar 24, 2011
I meant save your money, don't buy the old model. If I was patient, I would have waited for the newer model, but I wasnt patient. Now I'm just disappointed. I erased my Android partition and am doing a virtual machine in windows 7. I'm so close to just erasing the Win 7 partition and putting ubuntu netbook on it.

username7

Apr 2, 2011
Ok. Yes I'm going to wait since 2GB RAM and 32GB SSD is minimum for Windows 7. Gigabyte S1080 will also come next month and it will have matte screen option too with similar specs to Viewpad 10Pro.