Viewpad 10s Black screen on startup.

ElysiumPain

Sep 21, 2011
Hey, new here :)

I have a problem..
I wanted to reset my Viewpad 10s back to default settings. But when I did that, my tablet won't start up anymore. The only thing I get now is a brighter then black screen whenever I start it up. I can still turn it on and off, but nothing more than that. I've tried several combinations with the buttons, without any luck.

Could someone please help me?

Greetings,
Tristan.

Mix

Sep 27, 2011
Hey, new here :)

I have a problem..
I wanted to reset my Viewpad 10s back to default settings. But when I did that, my tablet won't start up anymore. The only thing I get now is a brighter then black screen whenever I start it up. I can still turn it on and off, but nothing more than that. I've tried several combinations with the buttons, without any luck.

Could someone please help me?

Greetings,
Tristan.

Hi,

Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem but dont know what to do?

Anyone?

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi guys!

1. Tablet must be connected with charger, before any action.
  2. Turn off the ViewPad10s.
  3. Connect PC and ViewPad10s through USB cable.
  4. Press Back key for 2 seconds then press Power button for 2 seconds. (P.S. Please hold Back button when you press Power button) Then release Power button first for 2 seconds, please release Back key. The total duration will be 6 seconds.
  5. Check device management from PC side, then you can find an “APX” device without driver.
  6. Right click on APX and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  8. Select the location of USB driver which you storaged. (For example:D:\Driver\USB)
  9. Click “Install this driver software anyway”.
  10. Click Close to finish driver install.
  11. Check device working correct in device management.
USB driver for ViewPad 10s and Step-by-step instructions for driver installation you can download from this post:
[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

I recommend you to try ViewCOMB 3.2

Last edited:

rimack

Dec 8, 2011
Hi,

Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem but dont know what to do?

Anyone?

I have the same problem but I'm stucked with the cable, it's a special USB cable? or it is a single Male-to-Male USB cable or i'm missing something?

i tried to do whitout the cable to the PC but the Vpad do not restart.

Thank you very much for your help.

purpletusday

Dec 11, 2011
Yo tengo el mismo problema, me paso exactamente lo mismo, y los imbeciles de renta y datos (encargados de las garantías) no la quieren hacer valida puesto que es algo de software. Ahorita estoy resolviendo el asunto con viewsonic usa, puedes enviar un correo a: [email protected] y a [email protected] les explicas lo que paso y les das tu numero de serie

houshmand

Jan 21, 2012
press 2 buttons for 2 sec, after that the screen will be turn off, so press start button for 2 second and choose restart.

Anderea

Oct 31, 2012
I have the same problem when i can find the cable ( usb cable) also can i use male to male usb cable