Viewsonic GTablet 10.1 Serious problem

Smyth

May 13, 2011
Hi everybody, I got my viewsonic 10.1 inch gtablet which I ordered from Woot! today.

When I got it, I fully charged it, turned it on, plugged it in and rooted it with TnT Lite

(this was the process I used).
How To – ViewSonic G-Tablet – Full Market Access – droidpirate.com

It worked perfectly for about 3 hours, then one minute the android browser crashed and wouldn't reopen. I thought rebooting was the best option, so I turned it off and back on again. Now here is the problem. Every time I turn it on it will boot to show the Viewsonic page, then the gtablet page which you see every time you start it. The problem is that after the gtablet page it restarts and loads the Viewsonic one again. It will not turn on in any usable form. I understand that rooting voids the warranty (crap), and I am really hoping someone here will know how to fix it.

The only positive I can think of is that I can't access it via computer because I need to manually select the option to connect the USB storage, but I don't know if they will be able to find out I have rooted it if I send it back or not. I'm a poor college student whose laptop broke today (the day I got the tab), and my new shiny internet machine also broke. I'm down to just my iphone at this point and it SUCKS doing everything on a phone. Any help is greatly appreciated, seriously.

Forgive the bad grammar and overly panicked post. I literally spent my lunch money on this thing because I thought it would be a neat gadget. Now I'm hungry, poor, and freaking out.

edit: Forgot to mention, I downloaded the ROM on the internal memory as I did not yet have an SD card. I saw something on another site (not sure if it is against the rules to post that here though), and they said you could install something on a microSD card (nvflash I think?) but I don't know if that would conflict with the internal recovery file or anything from when I did the root.

Last edited:

Smyth

May 13, 2011
Update: I nvflashed it back to the stock situation (or so I think) but the recycling bootlogos still persisted. Dunno what is wrong but I might risk it and send it back, hope and pray that the warranty applies.

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
I would try calling the help desk first, they help some but it is long distance, You might try reaching out with privite message to some of the moderators they have been a huge help to me and now I love mine
Good luck
Jaye

Smyth

May 13, 2011
By help desk do you mean the tech support? I am hesitant to tell them I rooted then nvflashed but I'm calling on monday

Edit: thanks for the reply though

beastman

May 8, 2011
Search for Bishop of technology and follow his steps for cyanogen. You do need to be able to connect it to your computer though.

Another option would be to google and see if there is some way you to make it boot to an external sdcard.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Android Tablet Forum

Smyth

May 13, 2011
Thanks, I'll look into it when I get back to my parents house (my laptop charger tried to electricute me and then stopped working), so since i don't have a computer i just left the tablet there. Thanks iPhone for putting up with me (jailbroken of course)

What exactly is cyanogen? Is it anything like cwm? Also, I can only connect to the comp in APX mode, can't transfer files or anything. I'll try to borrow an sd card from someone for a few days to try this and if it works I'll buy my own

Does anyone know if nvflash will restore it to be covered under warranty?

Last edited:

beastman

May 8, 2011
Cyanogen is a rom, similar to vegan (I haven't tried). Both require cwm.

I hacked the cyanogen to enable Netflix to play, so now my GTablet reports HTC Vision. I don't know if I will need to hack again after an update or not.

I suggest installing tom manager to handle getting new versions.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Android Tablet Forum

Smyth

May 13, 2011
Hey everybody, I just wanted to show my appreciation by thanking every single one of you very very VERY much. I did the CWM, installed VeGan, and everything is working PERFECTLY (so far at least. It's been like 5 minutes since I did it, but still exciting).

So, thanks everyone very much. I really appreciate all the help

vlldavid

Feb 11, 2012
Hi everybody, I got my viewsonic 10.1 inch gtablet which I ordered from Woot! today.

When I got it, I fully charged it, turned it on, plugged it in and rooted it with TnT Lite

(this was the process I used).
How To – ViewSonic G-Tablet – Full Market Access – droidpirate.com

It worked perfectly for about 3 hours, then one minute the android browser crashed and wouldn't reopen. I thought rebooting was the best option, so I turned it off and back on again. Now here is the problem. Every time I turn it on it will boot to show the Viewsonic page, then the gtablet page which you see every time you start it. The problem is that after the gtablet page it restarts and loads the Viewsonic one again. It will not turn on in any usable form. I understand that rooting voids the warranty (crap), and I am really hoping someone here will know how to fix it.

The only positive I can think of is that I can't access it via computer because I need to manually select the option to connect the USB storage, but I don't know if they will be able to find out I have rooted it if I send it back or not. I'm a poor college student whose laptop broke today (the day I got the tab), and my new shiny internet machine also broke. I'm down to just my iphone at this point and it SUCKS doing everything on a phone. Any help is greatly appreciated, seriously.

Forgive the bad grammar and overly panicked post. I literally spent my lunch money on this thing because I thought it would be a neat gadget. Now I'm hungry, poor, and freaking out.

edit: Forgot to mention, I downloaded the ROM on the internal memory as I did not yet have an SD card. I saw something on another site (not sure if it is against the rules to post that here though), and they said you could install something on a microSD card (nvflash I think?) but I don't know if that would conflict with the internal recovery file or anything from when I did the root.

Its called a boot loop look it up on you yube it can be fixed