Viewsonic gTablet won't turn on

teresamoran51

Jan 7, 2012
I purchased my viewsonic g tablet about 1 month ago. It has taken me this long to get some books downloaded and start to read, which I was enjoying very much. But, last night it would not come on, either with the cord or without. I have read a lot of your posts and I feel totally inadequate when all you guys are so smart about this. Any suggestions? Also, what advantage is there is downloading a new ROM (whatever that is) versus what came loaded on the tablet. Please be kind and very simple and I thank you in advance. Thank you, Teresa :confused::confused::confused:

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
A ROM completely replaces the stock Android OS with a custom version. It's not something you shoud do unless you're ready to possibly mess up and brick your device.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Teresa, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Viewsonic G. As dansamy mentioned, flashing a new ROM is not something you'd normally do to try fixing a problem like the one you're experiencing. The folks in the Viewsonic gTablet forum should be able to help you get your problem sorted out, so I'm moving your thread down there for you.
Good luck!