Viewsonic Viewpad 10s

Negatrev

Feb 17, 2011
This seems to be the same spec as the gPad, although the version I'm looking at

Viewpad 10S 10 Android 2.2 Tablet - Misco.co.uk

...is a Wifi only version.

Does anybody (have any experience with this/know if this will (allow/actually be compatible)) with the custom Roms. I basically want to get an Android HDMI Tegra 2 device that has access to the actual market. Unless Notion Ink get back to me with a purchase option, my options are either waiting on the next generation (Acer/Toshiba/Xoom/LG etc...) or this Viewpad 10s.

I may end up getting the Viewpad anyway, as I have a Milestone (Droid in US) so can pull any free apps on this and transfer them. But having an answer on if I COULD use the custom Roms would be a swaying factor for me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
The specs on that show an HDMI and a 3300 mAh battery. The Viewsonic gTab has no HDMI port and a 3650 mAh battery. I know that those may be just minor differences but if in face it doesn have an HDMI port then it's safe to assume that there is defiantly going to be a difference in the software somewhere.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hi. I believe gtab and Viewpad 10S are basically the same. I have checked the specs + processors. There are few minor differences + no hardware buttons on Viewpad 10S. Custom ROMs for gtab should be ok. Just ordered one from Misco.co.uk earlier today.

shayind

macros

Mar 13, 2011
Hello everybody,I live in the netherlands and i bought a viewpad 10s.
it's a great device but i want to try different roms and install google market.
I searched the entire forum but there is not much to find about the viewpad 10s,
So i was hoping somebody could give me some advice or tips so i can get this
show on the road.

Thanx in advance.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hi. I am in the same boat here. I live in the UK, and received my Viewpad 10S yesterday. It's performance is below par. However, it has the same processor etc as the Gtab. Can the gtab experts on this forum please tell us wether gtab custom ROMs are compatible with viewpad10S?

Thanks

Shayind

FroyoTablet

Mar 15, 2011
The official Android market is really easy to install on the Viewsonic Viewpad 10S,
1. Download the file from here http://www.filedropper.com/marketupdate0_1
2. Save the file to MicroSD on your PC
3. Insert the Micro SD (Make sure it is of reasonable size) and go through settings to software update, and then browse to the zip file
4. Select the file and it will restart the device and you will have market installed

Works a treat for me

Last edited:

android074

Mar 16, 2011
Thanks FroyoTablet

I tried the upgrade and it works fine, market available within seconds. Great tip you helped me a lot with this this makes the 10s much more interesting.

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
Viewsonic Viewpad 10S Android 2.2 Nvidia Tegra 2 Cortex A9 Capacitive Tablet (with FREE 16GB Micro SD Card)

We had just received 10 units of this device in our inventory, anyone interested with this product may checkout our website.

3.17-8.jpg

3.17-9.jpg

Product Description Viewpad 10S 10 Android 2.2 Tablet
Processor 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 250 SMP Dual-Core ARM Cortex A9
RAM 512MB RAM
Storage 512MB NAND Flash storage onboard / One microSD card slot supports up to 32GB
Display 10-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit,
capacitive multi-touch TFT widescreen display
1024x600 native resolution
Networking Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Ports Power
HDMI port
One USB 2.0 port (up to 480Mbps)
3.5mm audio line out
Built in Camera 1.3 megapixel camera
Slots microSD card slot
SIM card slot
Audio Built in Microphone
2 x 1.5W speakers
Unit Dimensions (W x D x H) 275.5 x 178.5 x 14.5 mm
Weight 730 grams
Battery Type Lithium Polymer battery, 7.4V/3300mAh
Operating System Android 2.2 Froyo

More info: Viewsonic Viewpad 10S Android 2.2 Nvidia Tegra 2 Cortex A9 Capacitive Tablet

Last edited:

android074

Mar 16, 2011
By the way can somebody explain how I can connect the 10S (by wire) to a computer I tried male usb male usb but this does not work. The only possibility I see is by the dock connector,

Brgds

Android074

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Looks very good. Wonder if Viewsonic has worldwide support for this device. Not listed on their webpage yet.

Post shipping cost is around $500USD, which is actually okay for some countries that do not have the Advent Vega or the Viewsonic gTablet directly available in local quantities.

Still needs some custom ROMs.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hi Android074
I did install gtab custom ROM to 10s. Only got a white screen, and it would not boot. I have just updated 10s firmware (using software from viewsonic website) and it is working fine now. When you use the USB male to male, press both power and back buttons together till 10s is recognized by your PC as APX. Then update driver software (also from viewsonic website).

Hi FroyoTablet
Market zip file from that link appears damaged. Couldn't use it.

Shayind4

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Probably needs a different kernel. Any word from Viewsonic on kernel sources?