Vision to get honeycomb first

Asl9622

Dec 12, 2011
Just got off customer support to handle my audio issue where speakers cut out and need reboot. They told me sometimes it is an app that is still trying to access sound. Instead of rebooting he said use an app killer and it should work. I did ask about ice cream sandwich and he said he cannot give an eta but engineers were working on honeycomb. He did not rule out ics in the future but they wanted to upgrade in succession.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Asl9622

Dec 12, 2011
Sorry about title auto correct put vision.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

JoelWUpchurch

Nov 30, 2011
I'm not sure that is much reason to upgrade to honeycomb. Most of the honeycomb is to support hardware the vizio doesn't have. I would like hid support, but I don't think that requires a new OS. I don't think USB host mode would on existing hardware.

dnoonan

Oct 13, 2011
Tell me more about the sound problem. I have that a lot. Did you find an app that was causing the problem?

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
Every time I read about this, there is a different story. When I spoke to CS about replacing my VTAB due to power port issues, the Rep thought Honeycomb would be bypassed in favor of ICS - but he didn't really know. I wish VTAB would communicate with its customer base.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Nobody needs honeycomb if ics gets ported. Thing is that those who want root will not be able to update to ics if it comes out.

However, i am currently trying to get access to the kernel sources. If we get those we just need an expirienced kernel dev and we can get full cm7 or even cm9 and wont need vizio anymore.

My findings so far:

Vtab1008 is based on marvell brownstone development platform, so i contacted a dev at marvell responsible for brownstone kernel. The downside is that vizio changed some5hing to the platform and the brownstone source from marvell is not compatible.

>Hi Gerd,
>
>It's my pleasure to talk with you. I need to clarify that brownstone is
>a develop board, not SoC. MMP2 is the SoC that installed on
>Brownstone/vtab1008. But it's different between brownstone and
>vtab1008.
>
>I also don't have the vtab1008 kernel.
>
>By the way, we're engaged in pushing more code of brownstone to
>community. I hope that could help you.
>
>Best Regards
So i asked the dev if he can give contact to vizio development department as the vizio support did refuse to do so.

----------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Nobody needs honeycomb if ics gets ported. Thing is that those who want root will not be able to update to ics if it comes out.

However, i am currently trying to get access to the kernel sources. If we get those we just need an expirienced kernel dev and we can get full cm7 or even cm9 and wont need vizio anymore.

My findings so far:

Vtab1008 is based on marvell brownstone development platform, so i contacted a dev at marvell responsible for brownstone kernel. The downside is that vizio changed some5hing to the platform and the brownstone source from marvell is not compatible.

So i asked the dev if he can give contact to vizio development department as the vizio support did refuse to do so.

----------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

Thanks for your efforts.

The only thing needed to get rid of root is to enable Vizio Update service.

If Vizio will do OTA ICS, I "might" consider this.