Vizio Tablet accessories

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
Hopefully this becomes a sticky. Here is the link for the official Vizio accessories:
Tablet - Accessories | VIZIO

I have not bought any of the accessories and maybe someone could add in their actual usage of the devices. The Folio case option seems nice but none of the reviewers has written how hard it is to plug in the USB charger when in the case.

I have not used the Capacitive stylus yet and was wondering if anyone feels it is a waste of time or a useful tool.

So far most people are hesitant in using a bluetooth keyboard. I have an older bluetooth keyboard and think that any keyboard that just uses two AAA will not last long enough to be very productive. (A lot of bluetooth keyboards use 3 AAA and /or AA batteries)

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
We purchased the Freedom bundle about 45 days ago.

The Folio is useful as a table stand and protection if the unit is dropped. It is not particularly decorative. We have had no problem plugging the charger to the Vtab when it is in the Folio. The same is true for the HDMI mini cable connection.

The screen protector works fine. The clarity of the screen is cut down a bit, but the fingerprints are gone.

The stylus works fine, but we have to remember it is there to use it. Kind of a nice but not need to have item.

We would buy these accessories again.

Our use is primarily around the house and during motorhome travel. We are not power users and the VTab is the 3rd computer shared by two people.

Last edited:

vtabuser

Jan 20, 2012
I can say that the case doesn't interfere with the usb or hdmi port at all. My vtab came with it and I love it. As far as the keyboard I don't think that the vtab supports it without third party applications. This should be addressed with a future update however.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
That folio case looks almost the same as the JKase I bought for mine and almost the same price. Mine was a little bit more with shipping. My JKase is perfect.
It has holes, slots or large spaces where needed for speakers, volume rockers, mics, camera everything. And seeing how this is being sold on the Vizio web sight I would think it would have to be an exact fit or they would not handle it.
By the way. My JKase, actually makes it a little easier to put the charger in by holding the tablet a little higher off the table.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

robert3433

Jan 8, 2012
I bought the folio, pen and headphones from costco for $30. The folio case is great for watching movies, sharing pictures and keeping the screen protected when putting the vtab your bag. I also keep the screen wipe under the tablet which makes it really easy to clean off the screen when needed. My only complaint is there is no place to put the pen in the case. The only apps I find the pen helpful on are drawing & note taking ones. Haven't even tried the headphones yet.

faithalone

Oct 1, 2011
i bought the bundle pack with the folio - stylus - and screen protector - the folio is awesome - saved my vtab from a horrible fumble down several stairs - i did not like the stylus so i have it to my mom- she loves it and uses it on her kindle fire - the screen protector was not very good quality so i just ditched it - its nice having a case that is made just for the tablet - and being able to stand the tablet up has come in handy more times than i expected..

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
This dock is made for IPad:
Scosche bassDOCK blasts Weezer from any iPad, available now for $150 -- Engadget
But I am guessing that it could also hold a Vizio tablet. Will Vizio ever make a dock or will we have to settle for jerry rigging other ways to increase the sound of the vizio tablet? I think that my speaker system for my computer could also substitute to increase the sounds from the vizio tablet. I do have a USB charger to power that system.

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
I do so wish that Vizio would make a dock for our tablet. Thats one thing I envy about the IPad users,all the accessories that are available for them.

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
I seriously doubt that Vizio will make a keyboard for both the Vizio tablet 8 and 10". So far the best keyboard combination might be Asus transformer and slide. The Android platform unfortunately will sort of delay write when composing documents. The line is clear writing should be devoted to real computers.

I have been reading other threads and so far I have not seen anyone test a USB memory card reader on the Vizio.

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I do so wish that Vizio would make a dock for our tablet. Thats one thing I envy about the IPad users,all the accessories that are available for them.

Yes but it costs at minimum $499 to have the privilege of having those accessories. :)

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
I bought one of the Targas capacitive pens in the Ipad section, it has a clip like a regular pen and it clips right in the fold on the left hand side of the VTAB Folio. It doesnt interfere with the folding of the folio or pressing up against the tablet. Slides out easily and the pen works alot better then a finger and doesnt leave behind prints on the screen.

Last edited:

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
Today here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/bobjgear/33641-welcome-bobjgear-llc-bobjgear-com.html
I made a request for a Vizio silicon case. I suppose someone will like to design a stand for it and maybe allow it to have a stylus holder? My idea is that the slot for the Micro SD card is not that crucial and the owners should have an option to cut out a slot for the Micro SD card. (If and when you change the Micro SD card, taking off the silicon case is not that difficult)

mburwen

Mar 1, 2012
I bought an inexpensive bluetooth keyboard ($15) and it would not pair with the VTAB. Then I got the Honeycomb update and the keyboard works! Does anyone have experience using a bluetooth mouse with the VTAB?