VIZIO Tablet

Rapsudsy

Nov 4, 2011
I purchased a NEW Vizio Tablet today. I came home and removed it from it orginial container and turned it on. The sys started right away but then it asked me to enter my email information. I tried several times to do so but was not successful. I was trying to enter my YAHOO account. I made the purchase of the tablet so I could view emails on the road and send messages. Yahoo is my primary account for email.

The system kept telling me that my email was wrong or my password was wrong. I tried to reenter everything again but still the same message. Then I tried to download some aps. I was asked to log in to my gmail account or create one. I already had one but could not get the system to accept it. I then turned off the Tablet and tried to reboot or start it again. This time there was a message telling me that my SD Card is damaged and my card may need to be reformated. Is there anyone online that can help me?:confused:

Last edited:

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
You need a gmail account. That's what it's looking for.

After you get it set up you can install something like K9 for whatever additional email account(s) you want.

Jim

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
The Yahoo account cannot be configured automatically with the default email app. Download the K-9 email app from the market. It works fine with Yahoo. Just make up a temporary gmail account to get started.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
I use the built in email app for my yahoo account. WORKS GREAT. However, there is a trick to getting it set up.

This is how I set up. You can use this guide

How to set up yahoo mail on android | Phone Titan

But instead of typing in imap.mail.yahoo.com for the IMAP server, you type:

android.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Everything else is the same.

Good luck!