Voice Recognition app

dfontana

Mar 23, 2013
Does any one know if there is an app for voice recognition that will allow me to launch apps. I believe android tablets can do voice recognition in any app that the keyboard is enabled such as word to type document

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Most of the apps are intended to do things outside of an app, like Siri does, but you may want to check out Dragon on the Google Store.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi dfontana and welcome to the forum. There are several apps on the market which can do what you would like to do. I personally use voice search...its the only one that understand my accent! But you can also try assistant ( speaktoit),its like to have an assistant that can read you your text messages as well. They are both free on Google play.

dfontana

Mar 23, 2013
Hi dfontana and welcome to the forum. There are several apps on the market which can do what you would like to do. I personally use voice search...its the only one that understand my accent! But you can also try assistant ( speaktoit),its like to have an assistant that can read you your text messages as well. They are both free on Google play.

I wasn't able to find either of those in Google Play, how can I get either?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I wasn't able to find either of those in Google Play, how can I get either?

Here is Assistant.
Here is Voice Search

Assistant is one of the more highly rated voice apps but, and this is a big but, neither may be compatible with your tablet and neither would do voice dictation, which is what I thought you originally asked about, more than opening apps. Not working with your tablet would explain not being able to find them.

dfontana

Mar 23, 2013
Here is Assistant.
Here is Voice Search

Assistant is one of the more highly rated voice apps but, and this is a big but, neither may be compatible with your tablet and neither would do voice dictation, which is what I thought you originally asked about, more than opening apps. Not working with your tablet would explain not being able to find them.

Yes it was a big BUT, Voice search when I was in Google Play and went to install does state it is not compatible with my wife's tabet. Is there an update to Voice Seach that may make the tablet compatibe?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes it was a big BUT, Voice search when I was in Google Play and went to install does state it is not compatible with my wife's tabet. Is there an update to Voice Seach that may make the tablet compatibe?

It's very likely that the reason that says it's not compatible because the voice search on the tablet came with the version of the OS that on now, so it should be there. If you don't see it, or it's not obvious check your widgets and should see a wide widget that says Google.

techahead

May 29, 2013
Vlingo Virtual Assistant, Speaktoit Assistant, Skyvi, Iris, AQ for Droid are some of the apps you can try as an alternative to siri in iPhone