Vtab 1008 please help!!!

rssmith1983

Sep 17, 2012
I have a VTAB1008 which will not let me use the VIZIO Update Service under "About Tablet" to update the device/SW. Tech support said I should return it but me being somewhat tech savvy could probably figure out how to upgrade to Android 3.2.1 if i could only find a downloadable file. Does anyone know where i can get a V 3.2.1 download for a Vizio Tablet?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

See if you find this in your vTAB:

Settings - apps - all, look for CMClient tap it and tell it to clear cache and settings then force close and restart. Do the same for a file called DMClient then see if the update works.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi there, welcome. Before updating you may want to read through the Vizio threads (Vizio Tablets) and see if it is something you really want to do. Some Vtab users recently figured out a way to revert to the older software because they didn't like the Honeycomb update. One big reason is the loss of the capacitive bezel buttons for on screen ones. This would normally be an improvement for hardware designed without buttons but on the Vtab all it does is effectively reduce the screen size.