VTAB will not charge

lakedawgs

Dec 13, 2011
HI, I have a VTAB1008. Had it for a few weeks. Put it on the charger yesterday and the charge light was flashing green and red. Did not notice this for an hour or two. The display showed an empty battery with a bit of red at the bottom.
Tried again today, same thing.
Have not installed any new apps since the last charge. Never dropped, not rooted, stock unit.

Any ideas? THANKS!

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Are you sure you are using the charger for the tablet?
Using any usb charger will not work...
The charger has to have the proper power out put.
If the charger you had plugged in to the tablet is actually from a phone it may not provide enough power to to tablet for it to charge.
If you are sure you have the correct charger it may be bad as suggested in the other post.
If you have a kindle fire, that charger will also charge the Vtab 1008.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

HRoark

Feb 29, 2012
I am having the same problem with one of my tablets not charging. I know it's not the charger because I have 2 of them and 1 charges while the other one won't. These were Christmas gifts for my children.

gphoton

Dec 15, 2011
I had the same problem. When the VTab ran down to near depletion, but was not switched off the red/green flashing kept happening and the VTab would not charge. It was caught in some sort of loop. I was using the Vizio charger, but not the original charging cable. When I switched to a charging cable the VTab finally started to charge again. Charging usb cables have certain pins tied together with resistors to tell a device it can source more current. I actually used a Blackberry charging cable with the VTab charger. I'm using the same VTab to reply to this post, otherwise I would have had to return the VTab as nothing else worked. There wasn't enough power to even shutdown.

joannaparra

Jun 21, 2012
HI, I have a VTAB1008. Had it for a few weeks. Put it on the charger yesterday and the charge light was flashing green and red. Did not notice this for an hour or two. The display showed an empty battery with a bit of red at the bottom.
Tried again today, same thing.
Have not installed any new apps since the last charge. Never dropped, not rooted, stock unit.

Any ideas? THANKS!

this is the same problem i had... only used it a couple of times... this is a lemon! and since it was a gift i cannot return it.. this should be reimbursable or they should send a refurbished version!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
this is the same problem i had... only used it a couple of times... this is a lemon! and since it was a gift i cannot return it.. this should be reimbursable or they should send a refurbished version!

Did you see the post above yours? Make sure you are using the stock charger and stock charging cable.