Ways to I.D Chinese Epad???

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
Hello,

New here just got my first tablet for messing around on, i traded my old laptop for a brand new one and i would like to know how i can id the maker or model of the tablet so i can direct my questions about 3G the right sub forum. All i know is it has 256mb ram and Android OS 3.0... Any thing else to look for or places to check to I.D this sucker never used android before so ya...

Thanks folks

More info:

Model: generic
Firmware: Android 3.0
Kernal: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
build: WMT2.1.2

After some browsing of the net these 2 looks identical to mine, other then them having a different os the bodys looks identical the second link the menu bar looks just like mine? Still could use some guidance i would like to know if i can set up 3G and how too so i need to know where to ask!

http://www.wholesaleonepiece.com/7-...via8650-800mhz-tablet-wifi-3g-apad_p2141.html

http://www.wholesaleonepiece.com/ep...-17-ddr-apad-ebook-reader-apad-ep07_p491.html

This one the OS/ theme looks just like mine even the top tool bar looks just like mine, so im thinking this might be mine?

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It actually has Android 1.6 just like any generic tablet with WM8505

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
It actually has Android 1.6 just like any generic tablet with WM8505

How come under settings and device info or whatever android 3.0 is listed? I knew i didnt looks like 3.0 :( so if my device is just one the the MID generics where can i go to ask about 3G id like to know how to set this thing up to use my AT&T 3G if possible ?

Thanks for the reply

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It's easy to fake a device to show whatever the vendor wants under that line.

It is a generic device that typicaly requires the use of an external USB 3G device to connect to 3G.

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
Well i just traded with some kid so i dont know what the vendor said i mean there is no mention of 3g in the guide/ manual just the 3G setup icon the the home page which allows me to setup a network, so then im assuming getting a 3G dongle is what is need that i can then config to work on my AT&T network??? Will the dongle work with the cheap looking usb/ ethernet hub adapter it comes with???

Thanks again

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Supposedly yes. There are quirks though. If you have a weird ethernet dongle, you probably got yourself one of these: Gome Flytouch

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
Ya that pretty much looks like it still dont like how it says android 3.0 in the settings and at startup when its only 1.6... So any advice of upgrading the OS

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
Ok after looking through some of the flytouch firmware threads i dont know if mine is that, it came in a box labeled MID on "black font" the power on or LED light is blue when the tablet is on, when charging i cant notice any other leds come on? The LED in the upper let corner remains blue (when holding the tablet horizontal). I think there is a little red charge light by the power jack, and the very inner ring of the headphone jack is green...

Knighthawk

Jan 2, 2012
Just wondering if you found anything out about your Tablet. I believe I have the same one as you. Blue casing? Mine also says it's a 3.0. Unfortunately I reset my tablet to factory. I won it off a penny auction and wanted to erase the previous owners data. I use to be able to find it online but now it's like a phantom tablet. Can't find any like it.

huntermm

Sep 7, 2012
My Epad is similar to this one, except mine is a green light and came with android 2.2. Still has the ethernet usb dongle and a black headphone jack. no clue as to what mine is though