We have a Home Power Button in the Market

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Some have asked for a "soft" power button and this may be the start of a solution to the Wake from Sleep issue.
Search for "Coby Power Button" in the Market for the free app.

CorpTaggart

Feb 11, 2011
Some have asked for a "soft" power button and this may be the start of a solution to the Wake from Sleep issue.
Search for "Coby Power Button" in the Market for the free app.

Thought it worth mentioning that I installed this widget this morning and haven't seen my 7015 wake up from sleep mode when using it. I'll update after a few days.

cupstack

Jan 28, 2011
I rooted my table a few days ago. I installed the power button, but nothing is showing up on my screen that looks like the power button in the photos. Is there another way to install/load this program? I did a restart on the tablet and it still does not appear to show up.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It's a widget. Add it to your home screen like any other widget.

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

cupstack

Jan 28, 2011
I did try to add it as a widget but it never showed up. I researched another issue I was having with other widgets and figured out I was doing it wrong. I was attempting to add widgets while my tablet was in portrait mode - I turned my tablet to landscape and it added the widget (power button) just fine and I could still see it when rotating back to portrait mode.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
No, the Power Button only puts the tablet in "screen saver" mode. The tablet is not fully asleep. You need to use SafeLocker to help prevent the wake up issue. However, the tablet is still not fully asleep.
The developer indicated that it may be possible to come up with a solution providing he could access the hard power button via a widget.
So this may be the beginning to a permanent solution.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App