Week 3 - Going to be sad to send it back!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am coming to the end of my 30-day test drive of the Motorola Xoom tablet and I have to admit, I am going to be sorry to send this device back. I have really enjoyed the responsiveness of the screen and the snappiness of the processor, and overall find it to be an excellent device and a great value. I have even found myself finally doing some of the things I never did before with any of my PCs or laptops, like watching streaming movies on Netflix or regularly reading content on the device. The viewing angles, graphics quality and sound all make it a solid fit for these tasks.

So here is my recommendation overall; if you already have a smartphone that you tether to, then I have to admit I am hard-pressed to find a reason to buy one with the built-in 3G/4G capability, but otherwise that is definitely the way to go. I have it set to use WiFi when in the house or office, but the rest of the time being able to just have it jump on the Verizon Network without having to search and connect to every local WiFi provider is definitely worth the price of the service. I have found that the Xoom’s ability to get a good lock on Big Red’s 3g network even exceeds that of my Thunderbolt. I live in the Twin Cities market and have yet to find a place in my building at work or anywhere else that I have not been able to get a solid at least 2-bar lock on the network, truly stellar!

I am going to have this for one more week before sending it back, now I am going to be trying my best to max it out so please send me your ideas. Are there games that you want tested? Processes that you want run? What would you like me to try? As always please feel free to drop me a PM and let me know.

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
being your going to send it back i assume its stock.you think its nice and responsive now.you should try one rooted and overclocked.