byvbhWK.jpg

Welcome to the Acer Iconia A1 forum!

Price:

$169 - 8GB
$199 - 16GB

Specs:

• Measures 11.1mm thick
  • 1.2GHz quad-core processor from MediaTekand
  • 7.9-inch IPS display with 1,024 x 768 resolution.
  • 8 or 16GB storage
  • Built in 3G

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Finally, an Android tablet that offers the same size and resolution as the display on the iPad Mini for less than half the price - I love it! I thought I was getting good value back in December when I purchased my Acer Iconia a110 for only $179. And, I was. However, this latest Acer offering costs even less than that and includes not only a larger screen and better resolution, but also the latest Jellybean OS - 4.2.2, a 5 MP camera and lots more extras not normally found on a budget tab. What a difference a few months makes!

Caretta

May 27, 2013
I would go for iconia A1 instead of iPad mini because of its half price and also good quality and performance.

What about its screen? I see on Tech news that it has an IPS one. Is it good comparing to iPad's?

1024 x 768 IPS pretty much the same as the iPad mini one

Seems to be some confusion over specs although Acer | ICONIA A | A1-810-81251G01NW | Datasheet might answer that - had to link from an alternative world site as it isn't appearing on all the Acer sites...

Looks really good though - anyone heard anything more about a release date? Acer apparently has them on display at Westfield Shopping centre in the UK this week but can't confirm that...acerdirect.co.uk has them listed for pre-order but the shipping date keeps moving!

Really can't wait to get my hands on one of these

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The 16GB version of this tablet finally hit the shelves at Walmart here in Canada on Friday for $228.00, just in time for Father's Day.

nakedland

Dec 22, 2011
1024 x 768 IPS pretty much the same as the iPad mini one

Seems to be some confusion over specs although Acer | ICONIA A | A1-810-81251G01NW | Datasheet might answer that - had to link from an alternative world site as it isn't appearing on all the Acer sites...

Looks really good though - anyone heard anything more about a release date? Acer apparently has them on display at Westfield Shopping centre in the UK this week but can't confirm that...acerdirect.co.uk has them listed for pre-order but the shipping date keeps moving!

Really can't wait to get my hands on one of these

Is this one, Acer Store: Iconia A1-810-L416 Tablet (Android) , the same model you are all talking about? Is this a good tablet for surfing the web, emailing, watching video/shows/movies on Netflix or Hulu when we travel, we both like to read and are amazon prime members, we also want to be able to skype with family overseas?

We had hoped for a 10" screen but can come down for a great quality one.

I appreciate your help.

Melanie

edap

Dec 12, 2012
OK, so what's the verdict? At the risk of sounding like a broken record, you can't avoid the fact that Acer's Iconia A1 simply isn't as good as the Nexus 7 or more expensive Galaxy Note 8.0. It's not that the A1 is terrible, but it's hard to even view it as a decent budget tablet when for the same money you can do so much better if you're prepared to sacrifice that one extra inch of screen real estate and the micro-HDMI port.
If you absolutely have your heart set on an 7.9-inch, 4:3 Android tablet and your budget is tight then you might consider the A1-810, but apart from the screen size it simply doesn't measure up against the competition.

A10

Dec 22, 2014
Is this one, Acer Store: Iconia A1-810-L416 Tablet (Android) , the same model you are all talking about? Is this a good tablet for surfing the web, emailing, watching video/shows/movies on Netflix ..

The new version is the A1-840 and the price is DOWN considerably to $99 at COSTCO.COM ONLINE only in the USA. Its $179 at Costco "in store"in Canada. This is my first real TAB after 2 yrs of Sony Xperia smartphone w/3.5" screen. It does anything I want it to do well and oh,so convenient after the tiny phone screen! Here are the SPECS: KitKat 4.4.2, Intel Atom 1.8 GHz Quad core processor, 1gb ram, 8" WXGA 12880 X 800 screen, 16 GB memory, expandable w/ 32gb mini SD slot, two cameras F&R: 2mp & 5 mp, WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and at Costco, comes with a 'clip on' corner protector. Available in off White. See Costco website and check out item # 930730 "while quantities Last" so Don't "snooze..". Oh, btw,shipping was 10 bucks