Welcome to the Ainol Novo 10 Hero Forum

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Since this is a new tablet it needed a new section :) So, here you go, for all your Ainol Novo 10 Hero discussions.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I'm working on a new Custom ROM for the Hero but its taking a little longer than I thought. I have the alpha up and running on my tablet but it's still got a little ways to go before a beta release. It will be similar to my ROM Crystal Clear for the Ainol Crystal but built on the newest Hero Firmware that was just released.

yppat

Dec 6, 2012
I'm working on a new Custom ROM for the Hero

Is that for Hero 1? I just ordered one and waiting it to arrived. Whats your impressions of the tab? I've heard some issues re rotation landscape-portrait, microphone, and others. However, for the price I could not resist.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Yes it will be for the Hero 1. So far I like it, the screen is nice and the tablet is thin and light. There are some issues, some of which should be easily fixed as I get more info, others are just minor irritations.

The g-sensor issue just needs a build.prop change to fix. There are two kinds of g-sensors and thy require a different setting in the build.prop. Microphone volume can be fixed with a change to the sound config file.

The irritations for me are that you need to hit a hard reset button with a pin or paperclip that is inside the microphone hole when you need to reset the device. On many other devices you can just hold down the power button. This is annoying for me as a developer.

Flashing the device is pretty difficult because there have been, I think, three different bootloaders, so you have to make sure you know which one you have installed and then use the correct compatibly zip. Also flashing can be finicky and not always work right the first time.

Luckily unbricking the device is really easy, for me at least, so if you make a bad mistake you can fix it without a problem.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I just received my hero 2. Annoying sound when typing!! Also, no English manual. Help

This is the wrong forum. The Hero 2 is a quad core with completely different hardware, firmware and developing methods than the dual core Hero 1.