Well I just dropped my S7 facedown...

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
... and saw my life flash before my eyes. Well, more like $300 plus tax go into the drain. BUT, miraculously it survived! Granted it was from about 3 1/2 feet height, but still, being that heavy and falling with the screen facing the floor, I just closed my eyes and got ready to cry like a little girl. I also have a screen protector on so no scratches. I guess miracles do happen :p

majael

Nov 5, 2010
droped mine too,
actualy not me, my 3 and a half years old kid
was on top of a locker witch he pushed
it was terrible seeing my tabet in the air like that.
tought that it was gone, anyway, after i put the battery in the place, started just like nothing happend.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yet another example of the superiority of the lowly S7. Still in my opinion the best for the buck out there.

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
FWIW, you can get a warranty from SquareTrade (an eBay subsidiary, if that matters) which includes accidental damage coverage (such as the drop mentioned in this thread) with $50 deductible for $49 (minus a penny) for 3 years, so might be worth considering. (I just canceled mine since I returned my S7 to BB).

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
My wife yesterday morning dropped her tablet out of her arms on to a hard floor and it landed on its side and the back battery cover popped off and the battery fell out. She was almost in tears, I picked it up put the battery back in and turned it on and it started back up with no problem.

These things are really well built.

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
FWIW, you can get a warranty from SquareTrade (an eBay subsidiary, if that matters) which includes accidental damage coverage (such as the drop mentioned in this thread) with $50 deductible for $49 (minus a penny) for 3 years, so might be worth considering. (I just canceled mine since I returned my S7 to BB).

I probably will get that Squaretrade warranty, just in case. Seems to me that accidental damage is $20 more but tablets do not require a deductible, so good trade off.

"All Care Plans for new cell phones include Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage, which protects them against drops, spills, and other accidents. There is a $50 deductible for any accidental damage claim."

"Add protection from Drops, Spills and other Accidental Damage for just $20.00."

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I probably will get that Squaretrade warranty, just in case. Seems to me that accidental damage is $20 more but tablets do not require a deductible, so good trade off.

"All Care Plans for new cell phones include Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage, which protects them against drops, spills, and other accidents. There is a $50 deductible for any accidental damage claim."

"Add protection from Drops, Spills and other Accidental Damage for just $20.00."

"We’re Sorry We do not offer warranties in Maine, Wisconsin, and Puerto Rico at this time. We're working hard with these states and territories to make it possible. "
This sucks :(

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
"We’re Sorry We do not offer warranties in Maine, Wisconsin, and Puerto Rico at this time. We're working hard with these states and territories to make it possible. "
This sucks :(

Interesting - I am in NC, so no issue with that, but that does make me wonder if SqT policies clash with consumer "protection" statutes in those jurisdictions. Sometimes that is a red flag, but usually only if more of the "nanny" states are involved with their prohibitions on more common dirty tricks by sellers of such policies. Maybe it is just some "consumer-oriented" wording in the statutes that the SqT lawyers got nervous about...

Last edited:

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I have a US address, as I have family in Florida and travel frequently, so I can probably use that. But if I need to send it for repair, I probably would have to ship it from Puerto Rico to Florida, and from there pay shipping to Squaretrade, and, in case they get it repaired ( I have no idea if this is their common practice) then have them ship it to Florida again, and from there to me. I am thinking it is not worth the hassle.

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
I have a US address, as I have family in Florida and travel frequently, so I can probably use that. But if I need to send it for repair, I probably would have to ship it from Puerto Rico to Florida, and from there pay shipping to Squaretrade, and, in case they get it repaired ( I have no idea if this is their common practice) then have them ship it to Florida again, and from there to me. I am thinking it is not worth the hassle.

I have not used their service yet, but as I recall, they state they will "evaluate" its repairability once they get a covered item, and decide whether to have that done (by whomever?), or just send you the money value it is insured for. That policy has made me a bit leery, but if the premium they charge is not excessive (in my view), I have figured that is better than no coverage at all (or the increasingly ridiculous costs of Verizon/Assurion coverage for a smartphone with $89 deductible for something I only paid $30 or less for with a renewal. since I have an acceptable fallback of my previous phone that I could live with a while until a better deal comes along).

Note that my $49 premium was after a 30% discount offered by SqT to existing customers (an offer they make every few weeks in my case to get more business I guess, so I look for that any time I buy some new gadget ;) )

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Bought mine from Best Buy. Since it was a gift for my kids (ages 7 and 11) I bought the 2 year extended warranty that covers accidents. Replacement will either be for a comparable product on the shelves at that point or full refund.

Believe it or not, I don't remember how much it cost. I just know that in the hands of the kids ... while at home and on the road ... anything 50% or less than the cost of the unit is worth it!

Oh, and if it gets dropped and breaks at 20 months ... where will Android Tablet technology be? Any replacement will be leaps and bounds above this one!

Christian

Jan 16, 2011
I found my Panimage Media Tablet face glass or plastic cracked and I am wondering if anyone knows if Mastercard which I purcased it with automatically warrants purchases for a certain time period, as I bought it in Dec 2010. Any help or suggestions appreciated.