We've talked about apps, what about music...

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
Is anybody putting music on their A500? I have heard reviews of the built-in speakers being "tinny" but I haven't tried them with music, just some games.

I am stuck with iTunes (iPhone4) so I would rather not reinvent the wheel. I saw a review for iTunes Agent but when I installed it I don't see my external SD card mounted (even though it is available in Root Explorer) so it won't allow me to set up the A500 to sync so I am wondering what everyone else is doing and if anyone else is using their A500 with iTunes?

Thanks much

freakaphex

Apr 28, 2011
the sound is great on the tab i think at least and something to think about google just put out a beta for About Music Beta by Google
that's weird it wouldn't let me name the link hrmm.. but anyways yeah check that out and maybe give it a try it will be free till its all done and what not

dhornick

May 12, 2011
Yeah the music beta should be interesting but I put a good ammount of my music on it and I love the player. The 3d interface is super slick and user friendly for anyone with a brain. (Which we all should have considering that we went with honeycomb instead of apple) as for the speakers, the dolby mobile is really good and has a good stereo sound, another step up from the I pad. I enjoy using the music widget on my home screen so I can listen while I surf and the notification makes it really quick to change songs.

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Yeah I think the speakers are more than acceptable. Plus, when I was doing research prior to buying, most reviews complemented the speakers.

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
I think for the sake of long term convenience and constistency, I'm going to move all my music to the Amazon cloud player. So I don't have to manually install and update all my devices (phone, tablet, pc, etc). But I have just less than 10gb of music (and Amazon gave me 20gb), so this solution workds for me. Maybe not for everybody, especially those with itunes.

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
Has anyone use Music Beta? Is it available yet? I requested access but haven't heard back from them. That being said, if I can't use it now, I need a different workaround until it is available. Is everyone just copying their music over manually to there external SD cards? Just wondering. Based on what I'm hearing above, sounds like I should get some music on this beast. :)

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I stream my music from my computer using Gmote, Amazon Cloudplayer or Splashtop. I do download songs that I want to hear more often but I leave most of my music in the "cloud", so to speak.

Jress

May 9, 2011
I have been using audiogalaxy to stream my music from my PC. I leave my desktop at home on at all times. I use my phone to stream from my desktop to my car stereo or stream to my laptop at the office. Works flawlessly. I have installed audiogalaxy on my A500 and have had good results with that as well.
Pandora is nice, but with audiogalaxy I can create my own random playlists.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Dart

May 2, 2011
I copied my music from my Itunes folder on my MAC to a USB, then copied to my Acer A500. I don't have more than 40 songs, but they work fine. I use a earplugs to listen.

panda

Apr 25, 2011
In my experience the A500's speakers are best in class.

As for iTunes addiction/dependence its something that takes time to get over but nevertheless is an entirely worthwhile experience. As someone who tries to manage 400gb+ of music I can tell you that iTunes is entirely too slow and resource hungry than its alternatives.