What application do you use to view and edit MS Office documents on Android?

Andromaniac

Jun 14, 2011
It's interesting to know what do you think about the apps fot viewing, creating and editting of office docs. Most of them are paid, so this info will help to choose the right app.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I use QuickOffice HD, which I find to be very good. There are also Documents to Go, Polaris and a couple of others. A free option that is also pretty good is the new GoogleDocs application.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
haven't used it yet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
I used Documents To go on palm treo, so got it for android. Tech support has gone downhill fast since Dataviz was sold (which they deny). A few others and I had posted links about the sale, which they deleated. Dtg is on sale for $8 on Amazon market and $15 at android market

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

DarylH

Jun 14, 2011
All of the apps mentioned seem to have mainly bad reviews. Are these apps that bad? As im looking to purchase one

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Tablet Forum

DarylH

Jun 14, 2011
Does dtg work with microsoft word 2007? Read one or two reviews which say it doesn't

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Tablet Forum

cottinghamm

Jun 27, 2011
The Market won't let me install OfficeSuite Pro on the EeePad, says it is not supported yet. I have installed on my Galaxy S II and it looks very good, renders a complex Word document quickly and edits very well. What I really need is it updating to work on the EeePad, happy to spend the money on a decent app like this.

mericjohnson

Jun 27, 2011
I use QuickOffice HD on my Acer A500. But for some reason, I cannot get the App's file browser to look at my external HD card. Do you know if there is a way to do that? Thanks!

cottinghamm

Jun 27, 2011
I have installed OfficeSuite Pro on my EeePad and the performance is not adequate, there is too much lag on text entry in the WP app, it is about 2 - 3 words behind what I've typed on the keyboard which is a shame because the functionality looks good.

I have also been beta testing Softmaker Office, their beta is also very laggy on text entry but is also feature rich.

So far there are no shipping office programs that are usable & with enough features to replace a laptop. Google Docs is not up to the job at all, even through a browser too many things don't work properly.