What do I do with this screen? (Disgo 6000)

crabshank

Jul 7, 2011
The resistive touch screen has dust trapped under the screen and white areas look as though there are specks of other colours on them, and when I look at the device from a low angle the screen looks like petrol (gasoline) when it's spilled on the pavement (sidewalk). I think that the screen is refracting the white light and causing the specks.

I have contacted the guy whole sold me the device, but I was thinking that if a mouse, and maybe a keyboard too, works on the device, I might remove the touchscreen and just use the LCD screen with a mouse.

What would you suggest?

PS: It's a Disgo 6000 but I have installed the Sylvania SYNET7LP ROM.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
that "dust" is most likely glass. And the "sheen" is delamination of the touch screen from the glass.

How far did you drop it?

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Yeah, I've had similar to mine out of the box. Generally though, it hasn't affected performance.

chuck3565

Apr 5, 2011
What about taking off the touchscreen idea

I bought one of these with a broken touch screen so I removed it and used an usb mouse and keyboard. All went well for a day and then the unit continually locked up during the boot sequence. When I loaded the 2.2 firmware, the calibrate screen comes up and there appears to be no way to get past it to use the tablet. So ,if the touch screen works at all, it is best to leave it connected. Chuck