What Do You Use to Clean the Screen?

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
I was wondering what you use to clean the screen/body of your gTab? Listening to a large podcast at CES heard a product called "Screen Guard Foam Cleaning Spray" - was really liked by the host... what do you think?

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
I have an extra cloth I putjust a littke water on and wipe in a circular motion. It works pretty well

Sent from my v2.1 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
so this was covered back in January, I was put on to this originally by one of the Viewsonic Reps. Here is the original post: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...play-fingerprint-free-smudge-proof-g-tab.html

There are those that will talk about the potential side-effects of this, but I will let that go. I did talk to my sister who is an epidemiologist with the CDC and she said the exposure level is so low it shouldn't be an issue.

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
I'm partial to the screen cleaner from Monoprice...I use it on all my monitors, tv's, iPhone, etc. Squeaky effin-clean. You can get like 10 packs of this shipped for what one bottle of the "monster" screen cleaner costs @ Best Buy.

neteru

Mar 21, 2011
Staples sells a Laptop/ LCD cleaning kit that comes with several sealed wet napkins and a very durable 8" reusable micro-fiber cloth. Its $8.00. Ive been using the cloth for a few months and it's still holding up.

bmedicky

Apr 19, 2011
I want to second the recommendation to just use a microfibre cloth. The trick is to use a really good one. The cloth supplied with the unit reminds me of the kind used to clean eyeglasses: it has a very satiny texture and just pushes the smudges around. Today I bought a Shinex Microfibre Plus-3 cloth from Home Depot. These come two per package and are much fuzzier than the stock cloth. In about 10 seconds my screen looked brand new again. All I did was breathe on one stubborn spot. Highly recommended!

Sent from my TnT G-Harmony using Android Tablet Forum

TTTony

Apr 19, 2011
Denatured alcohol is what I use to clean all my touch screens. Nonabrasive and cuts oil well. Especially useful for preping your tab for Rain-X. I probably wouldn't recommend it after Rain-X though as it would just remove the product.

overclockedi7

Apr 25, 2011
Lcd screen cleaner I get at best buy for lcd TV's. Big ass bottle for like ten bux and it comes with a microfiber cloth that makes it look new every time and personally I think its the best way.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

overclockedi7

Apr 25, 2011
Denatured alcohol is what I use to clean all my touch screens. Nonabrasive and cuts oil well. Especially useful for preping your tab for Rain-X. I probably wouldn't recommend it after Rain-X though as it would just remove the product.

Never thought of that but does the rain x make it feel greasy at all?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have been using Rain-X on all my devices for years with no ill effects and great success

TTTony

Apr 19, 2011
The Rain-X doesn't feel like anything really. The big benefit I've noticed is that it makes cleaning smudges off a breeze. Before, it was a little more labor intensive. And this is coming from a greasy Italian :)