What Is Android?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
One of the most common statements in the new member section is, "I'm new to Android and want to learn all about it." Well, here's a good place to start. J5150P, one of our Super Moderators at ATF, discovered this article in The Verge and posted a link to it @ Android: A Visual History - By The Verge

Android Versions:

Android 1.0/1.1
Cupcake 1.5
Donut 1.6
Eclaire 2.0/2.1
Froyo 2.2
Gingerbread 2.3
Honeycomb 3.0/3.1/3.2
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
Jelly Bean 4.1/4.2/4.3
KitKat 4.4
Lollipop 5.0/5.1
Marshmallow 6.0
N 7.0

Updated 3/14/2016 - Spider

harvy

Feb 10, 2012
I know just the name 'android'. The above description tells something everybody should know. thanks to spider.

KD271158

Feb 3, 2012
Android is an incredibly fast, easy to use versatile, absolutly phenominally adaptive and full of fun Operating System.
It ecompasses the freedom of choice in all aspects of cyberspace.
Not only that...but...it's unique and personal at the same time.
What's that mean? Look up the word "Developer". Simply put..."ANDROID IS U"
You make it you, I'm slayed!

Jun 14, 2011
one thing more that android is the latest technology.It is introduced by the Google.Now the major companies like HTC,LG,Motorolla,Samsung etc. So,i recommend you to continue with this OS :)

brett7775

May 18, 2012
I feel like on this page and this site that i may just start to understand what a android is and call me dense but i am new to all this interent stuff and it is a whole new world to a newbee.

What is the best thing about a Android please.

adyhooper

May 24, 2012
One of the most common statements in the new member section is, "I'm new to Android and want to learn all about it." Well, here's a good place to start. J5150P, one of our Mods at ATF, discovered this article in The Verge and posted a link to it @ http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...sions/28063-android-visual-history-verge.html

Well if you want to know about the functions and the key issues there will be an manual inside the phone you will found many instruction and all such stuffs in that. But if you want to know the history of Android then i will let you know that it was developed by Google and it was the Idea od Larry page who is co-founder of google.

Jul 26, 2012
One of the most widely used mobile OS these days is ANDROID. Android is a software bunch comprising not only operating system but also middleware and key applications. Android Inc was founded in Palo Alto of California, U.S. by Andy Rubin, Rich miner, Nick sears and Chris White in 2003. Later Android Inc. was acquired by Google in 2005. After original release there have been number of updates in the original version of Android.

mikearnill

Aug 25, 2012
Android is one of the best operating system for mobile devices as well as tablets and smartphones. This application support multi-touch handsets and it is also multitasking with unique memory allocation. These allow high storage capacity.

johndrob5

Oct 16, 2012
I was looking through some of your articles on this site and I believe this internet site is real informative!

jeeva1388

Jan 16, 2013
Android is a Linux-based operating system designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. Initially developed

Sorry, commercial links are not allowed in posts.