What is Coby Kyros MID 7127?

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
I had a 7127 for about three days. It crashed yesterday and I was unable to reset it.
:mad:

Horrible horrible horrible! I got this yesterday and have been playing around with it, when it does work it's a great Android tablet for the price, many great features but also many features missing. One of the Cons to this tablet is it crashes, A LOT! In the one and a half day I've been playing with it, it's shut off on me and won't turn on twice, just this morning I woke up to it off for the third time, and has yet to come on. Using the reset button doesn't help, it does after a few hours of the damn thing not working.

I've emailed Coby's Tech Support but no answer. Horrible customer service, horrible tablet, horrible experience, it's very frustrating. It's going to get returned for sure.

People have had great experience with the Coby Kyros tablets but many people have also had horrible experiences, I think some people just happen to buy the ones that don't work well, but the ratio of good experiences and bad ones are too high.

In my opinion, buy anything with a reset button, get ready for frequent freezes and crashes and a lot of frustration.

EDIT:

Finally got the damn thing to turn on again, after an hour or two of pressing the reset button.

Last edited:

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Horrible horrible horrible! I got this yesterday and have been playing around with it, when it does work it's a great Android tablet for the price, many great features but also many features missing. One of the Cons to this tablet is it crashes, A LOT! In the one and a half day I've been playing with it, it's shut off on me and won't turn on twice, just this morning I woke up to it off for the third time, and has yet to come on. Using the reset button doesn't help, it does after a few hours of the damn thing not working.

I've emailed Coby's Tech Support but no answer. Horrible customer service, horrible tablet, horrible experience, it's very frustrating. It's going to get returned for sure.

People have had great experience with the Coby Kyros tablets but many people have also had horrible experiences, I think some people just happen to buy the ones that don't work well, but the ratio of good experiences and bad ones are too high.

In my opinion, buy anything with a reset button, get ready for frequent freezes and crashes and a lot of frustration.

EDIT:

Finally got the damn thing to turn on again, after an hour or two of pressing the reset button.

Mine went back on Wednesday. Crashed and died. I'd had it for a little over a month. Was the fourth Kyros, the third 7127. I also had a 7022 that went back. Real disappointment, because I liked the 7127 and thought it was decent for the price. I will be getting a Velocity Micro Cruz PS47 on Monday. Hopefully it will be better. If not, there is a lenovo A1 with my name on it.

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
Mine went back on Wednesday. Crashed and died. I'd had it for a little over a month. Was the fourth Kyros, the third 7127. I also had a 7022 that went back. Real disappointment, because I liked the 7127 and thought it was decent for the price. I will be getting a Velocity Micro Cruz PS47 on Monday. Hopefully it will be better. If not, there is a lenovo A1 with my name on it.

I hope not all of these tablets are this buggy, my sisters bought a 3 of these to give as gifts for other family members, we opened a fourth one to test it out. I hope this one is the only one that is like this.