What is easiest way to backup?

Apr 28, 2011
Hey everyone, i was wondering the easiest way to back up the Kyros? Is there an application or a way to link it with ur comp and back it up? And if the device does fail, how do u restore the backup from it?
would someone who knows what their talking about plz help me out

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
The best way to back up is through Clockwork Recovery. Gaining access to Clockwork Recovery will require that you Root the 7015 but there are many guides in the Technical forum that are easy to follow. Once the Clockwork Mod is created, back up is fairly easy. You simply scroll down to "backup and restore" select, and then select "Backup" in the sub menu. If you have issues down the road and need to refer to that backup, you use the same process to recover by selecting the "restore" option from the same menu. Check the technical forums and you should be able to find the appropriate guide.

Apr 28, 2011
ok thank you so much. I am waiting for my tablet and was planning on rooting it when i get it. i just wanted to kno ahead of time so i would be prepared when i got it

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Clockworkmod is the way to manage backup and restore of the operating system - but not the data on the sdcard or /nand/. I've heard of some sdcards failing so my approach is I have two cards, mostly clones of each other. The Clockworkmod backups are stored on an sdcard so with two cards I have a backup copy of the system backups.
Is there an application or a way to link it with ur comp and back it up?
Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers
adb lets you connect your PC via USB and have root permissions in a terminal window. From there you can copy to/from and even install apk (apps) from the PC onto the tablet.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Probably a stupid question, but can the backups be moved off of the sdcard and stored on a computer, then if needed moved back to the sdcard? I know some computer backup programs need the data to stay where it was created? Thanks in advance!

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
That's how I clone backups from one sdcard to the other. The Clockworkmod backups create a folder with a name that's part date stamp. I rename them to something like "Stock.2011.05.11" or "Market.2011.04.12" and copy the folder using file browser.
A caution. There is an md5sum check sum run that checks that the files are still the original content, not edited or corrupted.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You might want to look into the Titanium app to back up your apps and data as well. It also backs up to your SD card and your system and data backups can be on the same SD.

talorsam

Feb 23, 2016
I'd highly recommend you Android Transfer, a data transfer tool from RecoveryAndroid. It's really powerful and has won plenty of acknowledge from users. When you've install the application on computer, run it and connect your phone to PC. The software will scan you phone data and show in categories. Then you can choose and transfer data from Android phone to computer. As a result, you have a backup on computer and never worry about data loss because you can recover important data from backup any time by Android Transfer.

Last edited:

berlinken

Feb 24, 2016
I'd highly recommend you Android Transfer, a data transfer tool from RecoveryAndroid. It's really powerful and has won plenty of acknowledge from users. When you've install the application on computer, run it and connect your phone to PC. The software will scan you phone data and show in categories. Then you can choose and transfer data from Android phone to computer. As a result, you have a backup on computer and never worry about data loss because you can recover important data from backup any time by Android Transfer.

Thanks for your useful tutorial, it's really of great help.

Last edited: