What is my best buy?

15isacat

I have 350 AED and thought of buying myself a tabled from souq.com. There are so many options i'm am lost. I want a tablet with at least 1.2 GHz CPU and 500 MB RAM. It has to be upgradable to Android 4.1 and has to run 3D gaming. Could somebody recommend the best tablet that money can buy.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

One thing you require won't happen for sure, the 500GB of anything, RAM or disk space. ;) I don't believe there are any tablets that do 3D either so you may need to change your wants and needs to something more Android like.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have 350 AED and thought of buying myself a tabled from souq.com. There are so many options i'm am lost. I want a tablet with at least 1.2 GHz CPU and 500 MB RAM. It has to be upgradable to Android 4.1 and has to run 3D gaming. Could somebody recommend the best tablet that money can buy.

Most tablets have more than 500 MB, I think most have at least 512 MB. I recommend at least 1GB ram, I don't game so can't comment on games.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

edap

Dec 12, 2012
If, by best buy, you mean cheap, than the hands-down winner is Datawind - it blows away the competition. The ultra-cheap tablet to be delivered by Datawind in the US will comprise three versions of its 7-inch Android-based UbiSlate tablet. The cheapest model of the tablet in the US will be the UbiSlate 7ci, which will cost only $38.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I saw today walmart has several quad cores on sale for less $100, those would be your best buy.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
It all just depends on whether your counting cores or counting pennies.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It all just depends on whether your counting cores or counting pennies.

I don't get it, the OP wants a tablet that can be upgrade to at least 4.1, have at least 500MB ram and the processor power to play games, so clearly the best buy is a quad core under $100 as it does all the OP ask for.
The $38 tablet you posted isn't upgradeable to 4.1, nor does it's processor have enough power to play games. Even though it can't do what the OP wants, you thinks it's the best buy?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Of course, you're right. So, thanks for the reality check. I guess that I just can't come to grips with the fact that a 7-inch Android tablet, albeit with ICS, can fall to such a low price. And, what makes it even more disconcerting is that it's from a company based just outside of Toronto, in Mississauga, my old neighborhood. What a shame to stoop so low. TO was always an ultra-conservative town. Then, there was Rob Ford, that beer-guzzling, crack-smoking city mayor. The place is in a downward spiral.