What is the difference between a tablet and an e-reader/book reader?

sqa

Jul 2, 2011
I have a tablet for 1.5 year already Android 2.2, but using it mostly to listen to the music and reading books.
I see that this market going as fast as a rocket and planning to make a present for myself (has been a good boy for a while). I am trying to understand what would be more suitable for me a tablet or e-reader (Android, color one) and tis is my question what is the difference?

Thanks

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
Depends really. Tablets and e-readers are getting to a point that some are hard to tell apart. There are sill e-readers that really are not much more suited to use a reader. While some, like he Nook or Kindle, are very capable of being used as a e-reader and listening to music. And play games on and surfing the web. I have a 7" pandigital ereader that is great for just reading and music. But I wouldn't try to use it for much else. What screen size are you looking for? HOw much do you plan to spend

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
I have a tablet for 1.5 year already Android 2.2, but using it mostly to listen to the music and reading books.
I see that this market going as fast as a rocket and planning to make a present for myself (has been a good boy for a while). I am trying to understand what would be more suitable for me a tablet or e-reader (Android, color one) and tis is my question what is the difference?

Thanks

All tablets will function as eReaders. In fact as far as that goes most tablets offer the user way more options. Currently there are multiple eReader apps for Android tablets (Nook, Kindle, Kobo, Moon+ Reader just to name a few.) In addition, Android tablets let you surf the web play games, listen to music, check your email, and in general perform many of the functions that your laptop will. The more popular eReaders such as Nook Color and Kindle Fire have added many more features that make them function like full blown tablets.

IMHO, with the low price of Android tablets, I would not purchase an eReader, but rather an Android tablet, having said that, both the Nook Color and Kindle Fire are good eReaders, just remember they are not as flexible in their use as an Android tablet.

Todd