What ROM are you running?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Just wanted to see what everyone is running currently. I'm now trying to find the "best" ROM out there.

I started with TnT G-Harmony v1.2. Today I tried out gadam v1.2.0 and Vegan 5.1. Gadam was CRAZY! and Vegan was OK. It just didn't feel right to me. Although, I did like how it had the pull down just like my D2 has.

I'm downloading Zpad 3.0, TnT lite 4.20 and Vegan Tab Ginger Edition.

If you are using something different that is not listed here. Please post a link so I can add it to the list.

rayw796

Dec 9, 2010
I was using TnT 5.0.1, which became TwoTapsX. 9.1. Now on TwoTapsX .9.2. Works really well.

golfblyad

Mar 5, 2011
Hey Fug,
I have tried the Vegan ginger edition, but mine is still in the experimental phase and doesn't have the market. Did I download an older version, or is yours the same?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
VEGAN Ginger is still beta.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

pfd9100

Mar 1, 2011
Using VegaN Ginger beta here.
Market works well. I really like it so far. The only thing I noticed is that there is (prolly my missing something) not a good (suspend?/stand by) thing. When I hit the power button sometimes it is apparently still running hot as a few hours later when I turn it on it is down to 30% batt.
Other times I just quickly hit the power button, it seems to standby again, but when I need it again, it is powered down, has to boot up?

I am sure I have missed something obvious here!

jfintexas

Mar 13, 2011
I'm with Rayw796 - I was using TnT 5.0.1 (TwoTapsX. 9.1). Updated to TwoTapsX .9.2. I've been happy with it.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Vegan 5.1 overlayed with LauncherPro full version... Stable... super quick in my opinion... and best of all VANILLA ANDROID... no hunting for what i want.. it's where it's supposed to be....

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Hey Fug,
I have tried the Vegan ginger edition, but mine is still in the experimental phase and doesn't have the market. Did I download an older version, or is yours the same?

That's the newest one. Vegan 5.1.1 is the newest nonGinger version.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hi Fuganater,

Was looking for the thread about gTab owner. Obsviously, the entire thread was removed.
In that thread, you mentioned that the TnT G-Harmony v1.2 fits you well, and the TnT Lite 4.2.5 did not impress you.
I failed to locate a good instruction 'how-to' install the G-Harmony. Being the first time, and it is for my daughter, I ended up installing the latter one following this thread [STICKY][UPDATED GUIDE] Install ClockworkMod, a ROM, Flash Player, and the Market Fix - xda-developers.
The result is well, with the ability to watch online video, reading books, android market, play angry birds, etc . .
However, there is an annoyance about connecting to the PC. The stock firmware pops up to allow activate / deactivate. This firmware does not. What did I do wrong?

Secondly, you mentioned about the 'Simi Folder Widget' when I asked for a good tool to consolidate/organize app icons into group folders (i.e. Games, Utilities, Works, etc . . ). But I can't find the how-to, and perhaps a video tutorial.

It would be great if you could consolidate, with help from members, a list or pros and cons for each firmware.

Thanks
Dave http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/members/fuganater.html

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Dave:

1. We created a subforum for the G-Tablet due to the huge surge of ViewPad 10 and 10s users. Its located here > Viewsonic gTablet
2. To install TnT G-Harmony v1.2, read my HowTo http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rkmod-custom-rom-flash-player-market-fix.html
3. Here is a list of the current ROMs http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-gtablet/10202-list-roms-viewsonic-g-tablet.html
4. I'll write something up tonight on the SiMi Folder Widget. I'll even try to do a video but I can't promise it will be great :p
5. I will work with Peter and other members to try and figure out some additions to the #3 link I gave you. Maybe we can do a writeup on each ROM.

Hope this helps.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Fuganater,

Your instruction is clear and concise. I understand it perfectly and will try on a second one that should arrive next week.
I found some tips about Simi Folder Widget:

SiMi Folder Widget - Android app on AppBrain

which is video tutorial

Thanks again,
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Hello again,

Fuganater, there is a new release of G-Harmony 2.3.3. What is your thought on that ?
As for the installation, can the Rom be installed without using Clockworkmod ? Roebeet mentioned that CWM has issue with upgrading bootloader, and many posts elsewhere are seeking method to remove CWM.
Perhaps I don't understand the whole issue, therefore, any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Hello again,

Fuganater, there is a new release of G-Harmony 2.3.3. What is your thought on that ?
As for the installation, can the Rom be installed without using Clockworkmod ? Roebeet mentioned that CWM has issue with upgrading bootloader, and many posts elsewhere are seeking method to remove CWM.
Perhaps I don't understand the whole issue, therefore, any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I am currently running the new G-Harmony 2.2.3 and it is amazing! BUT there are a few issues with it. Here is the thread where I'm talking about it. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ony-gingerbread-2-3-3-honeycomb-elements.html

You must use Clockwork Recovery. The version here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...mod-custom-rom-flash-player-market-fix-3.html is know good working for all current ROMs. You CAN NOT use Rom Manager. You will soft brick your device.

If you ever had to upgrade the bootloader we would figure out a fix.

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
ive heard about alot of people liking this rom. im gonna give it a try, but only after i have flashed vegan and probably tnt. i like the live homescreens and stuff like that. do all of the roms have them?