What tablet has the best sounding speakers?

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
Im looking for a 10 inch tablet that I can play my music through without headphones.I just heard the highly praised Asus Transformer has only one speaker which is a deal breaker for me.My 5 inch samsong galaxy Player actually has respectable sound from its tiny speakers when PowerAmp is used as a player.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
thats a good question matt. there must be a tablet that tries to stand out for sound quality. personally i've never even taken that into consideration. anyone?

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
Thanks, hopefully this will become a healthy thread.Not even sure how you would be able to compare Tablet speaker quality in a store.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Taking the Prime out of consideration because it only has one speaker isn't really reasonable, IMO - all the reviews I hear say that one speaker provides quite good sound. Actually, it isn't even 1 speaker; its 2 of them simply angled differently. There's just one speaker grille. That's why they call it stereo sound on the specifications page. Also, SonicMaster is renowned for being high-quality; they wouldn't use the that high-quality name in the Prime only to tarnish it.

I haven't heard it personally, but I haven't seen one review saying the sound on the Prime was mediocre.

One tab I know has pretty good sound, though, is the BB PlayBook - it's actually really respectable; especially for a tablet. But it's not an Android tablet, of course.

I'd still recommend the Prime, regardless, sound quality on it is likely to be better than most other competitition in that quality range.

mattg3

Nov 1, 2011
Thanks, since I would never have known two speakers existed under the grill and it has stereo capabilities.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
The Asus Transformer has two speakers and sounds ok. I use bluetooth speakers on mine anyway to really get the sound I want.