What Tablet? Very Open...

mpw27

Aug 28, 2011
Hey guys.

I was initially looking at a budget tablet, but fortunately for me, I won a competition at work, and can now get a tablet. Obviously, I have to be "slightly" concious of the cost, but not overly.

So, I've been looking at the Asus Eee Tablet Transformer, the Samsung Tab 10.1 and the iPad2. Now, as I'm in the Android forums, I'll openly say I'm dropping the iPad ;)

So, what should I look at getting? Open to other options.....want the best bang and practical ability for my buck :)

Oh, looking to order this weekend and based in the UK :)

Cheers
MAtt

TannimKyraxx

Aug 8, 2011
I love my Toshiba thrive I couldn't ask for a better tablet and all my external drives work with it it has good battery life I use it every day

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

clon74

Aug 23, 2011
I'm almost in the same situation but I'd like to add the Viewsonic GTablet to the equation, now on sale for just 250 in Compusa. I know it's no longer supported officially but the ROMs available are very good and I have read very good things about it.

So... Transformer, Galaxy or GTablet?

mpw27

Aug 28, 2011
I looked at the viewsonic, and have to say, not overly impressed :(

However, not reviewed the TOsh :) So, off to do that. Any other thoughts?

Also, I assume that if you buy the Samsung, then you get the android updates automatically?

M

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
First of all welcome to the forum! Out of those options you mentioned I personally would suggest going with the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. Although you didn't mention specifically what you plan to use your tablet for, the Asus Eee Pad is a very capable Android based device/tablet that I'm sure can fulfill all of your needs. I would also suggest perhaps the Acer Iconia Tab A500 which is also a really good machine.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I would second the A500, I could see this as a work ready device. I haven't had experience with the others, but good luck in choosing.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum