what to choose,,,what to choose

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
hi all,

i guess it's time to give in to this "tablet" thing. i've been making fun of my tablet owner friends long enough, and a 3.7" droid screen is no longer enough for me. i wish there was a store that had all the tablets lined up for me but there aren't,,,so here i am. :D

i'm looking for a value tablet of 7" or 8" and a battery life of +6hrs, and the +'er, the better. 10" screens are way too much still, imo and if i can't get at least 6hrs then what's the point?...i may as well wait for the razr maxx.

oh, and btw, access to the android market, which eliminates the Kfire.

thx

J

jimbo7630

Do let us know when/if you find one with a battery life of 6+ hours.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
If you can wait a bit, I would go for the Asus Memo 370T which is a 7" Tegra 3 quad core tablet running ICS and priced at $250. Should be released by May.

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
i looked up the asus and it sure looks sweet. i'm surprised everyone seems to settle for <6hrs(closer to 5, it seems) battery. it's one thing to have to charge up your phone every day because lasting a day is really all one needs, but i see a tablet as a media center and <6hrs just don't cut it. i guess if one were to use an android tablet for basic tasks and organizing functions, maybe <6 is okay, but you can do that with a phone and that daily stuff doesn't take advantage of the big screen.

hopefully and razr maxx has set a new bar for manufacturers address THE MOST basic need in portables.

:) btw, i see that the sony tablet is 8hrs.

Last edited:

Bugeyz

Jan 19, 2012
I have Transformer Prime and while I don't use it "hard, " I have yet to kill the battery. It runs all day on and off and the lowest the battery dropped to is 47%. I am very pleased so far. I have been using this unit for about 3 weeks.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

prisonbreakd

Jan 18, 2012
if i were you, i will buy HYUNDAI A7.

Specifications
CPU: Allwinner A10, 1.5GHz
GPU:Mail-400
RAM:512MB DDR
Storage:8GB
Storage Other:microSD(TF) up to 32GB
Camera: 0.3Mp
Screen Size:7 inch