What would be the best Tablet under $250 ?

BMHC

Aug 5, 2011
What would be the best Tablet under $250?
Requirements: Capacitive TS
Android 2.2 (At least)
7"
Would a Herotab C8 or C9 be a good choice? (If so which one?)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The NOOKcolor is the most popular tablet right now and fits your specs.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Personally, I'd wait for a little bit and spring the extra 50$ to get the Acer A100! It's a massive boost over the Froyo tablets since it is based on Honeycomb - and especially since it's likely to get Ice Cream Sandwich (at least, based on what I know. It's a new tablet). Comes with the Tegra 2 1GHz Dual-Core CPU, a 7" Capacitive screen (all major tablets have a capacitive screen), Honeycomb (Android 3.0; I think it may actually be loaded with 3.2) 512MB of RAM...

Besides, it's going to be launched this month - and Honeycomb is getting better and better. You'll probably get good update support as well, considering that its a new tablet (as mentioned above).

But otherwise...the Nook Color (rooted would be best) seems to be your best option. But you get A LOT (and I mean a lot) more spec-wise if you get the A100 imo.
l

Last edited:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
yes, the nookcolor is wonderful. I own one.
I agree as well - and although I don't own a Nook Color, I do own a Honeycomb tablet and that is great too. Honeycomb is quite versatile and has been getting a lot better stability wise with recent updates.

The Nook OS just doesn't compare IMO. The Nook is a great tablet, but for $50 more I would definitely vouch for the A100. Its specced much, much better while still having a low price. Its supposed to be released this month, too, which is a plus since that means it'll have update support for longer than other, older tabs and you don't have to wait too long ;).

OP's choice, though. You may find yourself very happy with just the Nook, but you may find yourself wanting a dedicated Honeycomb tab since they can do quite a bit more. Personally, I own the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer and it is a great Tab; and even though it is quite a bit more expensive than the A100 and is better specced, it gives me an idea of how the A100 would perform. I may not have personal experience with it, but the A100 does sound quite good; and based on that I reccommend it.

Last edited:

BMHC

Aug 5, 2011
The NOOKcolor is the most popular tablet right now and fits your specs.

Well yes im sure the nook color would be a great choice but what android version does it have? also if you dont mind can you give a retail site ? thanks

BMHC

Aug 5, 2011
Personally, I'd wait for a little bit and spring the extra 50$ to get the Acer A100! It's a massive boost over the Froyo tablets since it is based on Honeycomb - and especially since it's likely to get Ice Cream Sandwich (at least, based on what I know. It's a new tablet). Comes with the Tegra 2 1GHz Dual-Core CPU, a 7" Capacitive screen (all major tablets have a capacitive screen), Honeycomb (Android 3.0; I think it may actually be loaded with 3.2) 512MB of RAM...

Besides, it's going to be launched this month - and Honeycomb is getting better and better. You'll probably get good update support as well, considering that its a new tablet (as mentioned above).

But otherwise...the Nook Color (rooted would be best) seems to be your best option. But you get A LOT (and I mean a lot) more spec-wise if you get the A100 imo.
l

Do you know what site it will be released for sale too . ? . this sounds like a great deal thanks .

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I believe Walmart will be stocking them in store, so shoud be selling them online as well. They are the first retailer to show them in their system, but that was some time ago.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

BMHC

Aug 5, 2011
I believe Walmart will be stocking them in store, so shoud be selling them online as well. They are the first retailer to show them in their system, but that was some time ago.

Thank you i will be checking that out . Any idea they will be releasiing the final product and price? is sometime this month correct?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
As I understand it, it should be available on August 12, and the retail price should be about $300.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I forgot to mention it will be the first 7'' honeycomb tablet, as far as I know.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Well yes im sure the nook color would be a great choice but what android version does it have? also if you dont mind can you give a retail site ? thanks

The NOOKcolor has version 2.2 w/flash and it's available at Staples and Barnes & Noble. B&N also sells refurbished ones for @ $200.

Bobo2000

Aug 8, 2011
I have a 7" inch dual-core Elsse Internet Tablet with 3G and phone modules, but the dual-core was manually installed as I was able to. But you could buy the previous version! It's the same only without 3G and phone. Just $129.