what would i miss by not using ICS

dodgefan67

Nov 9, 2011
so im looking for tablets for my family, i dont want to spend 500 bucks each, my daughter wants a Fire, but i think i will get here a cheaper Android tablet so i have been looking at the Ainol Novo line, but most of those come with ICS and that doesnt support flash (yet)

so my question is if i get a tablet with 3.2 what am i missing from 4? will i miss anything at all? (obviously i cant miss anything if i have never used it, but you understand LOL)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I have gingerbread on my nook, Im happy and there is nothing I cannot do with it but I was curious about ICS so I tried it from an sd card. I heard it was faster, I personally don't feel the difference aand what changes is the look of things on your screens ,I like how ICS looks but i heard people who don't. Another think to take into consideration is that not all the apps on the Google market are already made to work for ICS ,so you might want an app that works on gingerbread and not on ICS.

First pic is utube on ginger,second on IcS.
Third is how -SETTING- looks on ginger, last of is setting on ICS

Samsung Galaxy Note

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1328754921463.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1328754921463.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 480
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1328754939964.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1328754939964.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 491
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1328754962618.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1328754962618.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 511
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1328754984574.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1328754984574.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
so im looking for tablets for my family, i dont want to spend 500 bucks each, my daughter wants a Fire, but i think i will get here a cheaper Android tablet so i have been looking at the Ainol Novo line, but most of those come with ICS and that doesnt support flash (yet)

so my question is if i get a tablet with 3.2 what am i missing from 4? will i miss anything at all? (obviously i cant miss anything if i have never used it, but you understand LOL)

Hi Jerry, actually, Most of Ainol tablets with android 4.0 ICS can support Flash now, except for the Ainol Novo Paladin. You may have a look at the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora or Aionl Novo 7 Elf, and the newest Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II is also available in our site now. Hope you can find what you want!

dodgefan67

Nov 9, 2011
so do all ICS tablets support flash? and what about app support? if i get an ICS tablet will i be limiting myself in the way of apps and have to wait until the developers update their games and stuff?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
that's what i read about apps and games. .. . not to many Tablets with ics out there yet ...

Samsung Galaxy Note

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
so do all ICS tablets support flash? and what about app support? if i get an ICS tablet will i be limiting myself in the way of apps and have to wait until the developers update their games and stuff?

Hi Jerry, the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora and Ainol Novo 7 Elf can support flash and apps for sure, you can rest assured of that!:) And thoes two models are also on the list of our special offer for the comming Valentine's Day with lowest price, for more details, Pls check this: Tablet PC Special Sale for Valentine’s Day! | China Electronics Wholesale – Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
Hope that's what you want! Good luck!:D

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010

You still need to add the flash app to use flash in ice. The chrome browser for ics does not support flash however

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Gloria, guess I am not so amxious to have it as I once was. :) Kind of like Windows 7 when Vista worked just fine.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

dodgefan67

Nov 9, 2011
Kind of like Windows 7 when Vista worked just fine.

thats pretty funny...never heard anyone say that about Vista :) i couldnt wait to get that off my PC LOL

You still need to add the flash app to use flash in ice. The chrome browser for ics does not support flash however

so it would be on the manufacturer as well as i see some ICS tablets say the do support flash but others that dont

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
What, you don't remember ME? :)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum