What's the best tablet for me? I need advice. :D

KSR

Dec 30, 2010
Well as the title says, I have never owned a Android tablet before and I'm looking for which one would be best for me... :) I'd like your help as I don't know too much about the tablets, besides them being totally awesome. xD

I have had Android smartphones for well over two years now (both the Motorola DROID and the Motorola DROID X that I happily own now from Verizon) so I am pretty used to the operating system and apps as a whole... :)

Things I Want in a Tablet
- I want a screen no smaller than 7" but no bigger than 10".
- I'd really like for it to have at least the one rear-facing camera.
- NEEDS to come pre-installed with "Market" so I won't have to go through all the trouble of the app workarounds.
- At least 16GB of internal space and the ability of an external SD card.
- Capacitive touchscreen, please.
- 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Kickstand would be liked, but not required.
- The ability to use some Android home replacement apps such as GO Launcher, Launcher Pro, etc.
- Wifi compatible.

Things I Want to Use the Tablet For
- Note taking. I have apps on my DROID X (i.e.Easy Note, InkPad, My Notes... etc) and I'd like to take the same sort of "personal notes" on the bigger screen".
- Media. Not so much music, but I want to view both movies and photos on this tablet.
- eBooks. I'd like to be able to read books and maybe get an app I have on my phone called "Manga Browser" for reading manga.
- Social Networking. Facebook, Twitter, Myspace... All those good things.
- Gaming. I'd like casual gaming as well, such as Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Abduction!, Robo Defense... etc).
- Internet. As quick or quicker than my smartphone is.

I'd like to spend about $400-500 or less and I'd prefer if I could pick the tablet up in a store as I am a little skeptic in buying online (but I am willing to as a last resort).

I appreciate any help you can give in telling me some tablets to further research. :)

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Haven't seen one with the specs you want, closest would me Notion Adam which has front & rear camera, no google app market on any tablets come pre-installed until Android 2.3 or 3.0 come out for tablets,in next few months, good luck

KSR

Dec 30, 2010
Haven't seen one with the specs you want, closest would me Notion Adam which has front & rear camera, no google app market on any tablets come pre-installed until Android 2.3 or 3.0 come out for tablets,in next few months, good luck

It doesn't have to have all my specs, but those are just the suggested few I'd truly love and a few can go missing if the device is an altogether great tablet. I've never owned one yet and I'm looking for a good one as my first. I'll definitely look into the Nortion Adam so thanks for the suggestion. ^.^

KSR

Dec 30, 2010
The Motorola Xoom looks absolutely AMAZING but I don't want to pay such a steep price for this item, which is the whole reason for my disgust of the iPad. While it looks incredible, I am not willing to pay over $500 max for a tablet. Not as my first one anyway. I have been looking into the "eLocity A7" for a few hours now and it seems pretty cool, especially with it's upgrade that adds the Android Market.

Last edited by a moderator:

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
I'm doing the same search for a while now and reached a good tablet Viewsonic ViewPad 10, pls have a look on it and give me your feedback. You can buy it from Amazon for about 370$ (w/o GPS option)