whats with the 25fps for R101 video encoding?

Shoboy

May 27, 2011
I use DVDFab for making my mpeg4's. With the default iPod settings, and sometimes tweaking a few things here and there, my mpeg4's play pretty good at 29.97fps.

I do get the occasional sync issue with video and sound, but it's so close I only know it's there because I'm looking for it.

If I encode my movies and tv shows at 25fps, wouldn't it look kinda "choppy" on my r101 ?

paulmicro

May 26, 2011
I encode mine at 20 fps. It's not great, but it plays smoothly, and for me, more smooth than a higher fps rate.
I use 128 kbps for both video and audio, and I really can't complain. I have tried higher fps and I got a little choppiness then, and no real improvement in picture quality. I mean,yes, it was a little sharper, but not so much so that I said "wow."
Just wanted to add that I have the R101. Haven't modified it in any way other than to remove some bloatware. I use Memory Booster lite before I play a video, and it seems to help. It's freeware, I think I got it from freewarelovers.com. It might be ad supported, but I don't recall.

Last edited: