Where can the Coby Kyros (Gen 2) be Purchased? Price trends?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Similar to the generation 1 thread we had, list where the Kyros generation 2 tablet can be purchased, what exactly you got, and how much it is listed for.

I'll fill the list with some info for now:
Thru Amazon.com sellers MID7024 7", $166.28
Amazon.com: Coby KYROS MID7024-4G 7-Inch Touchscreen Tablet Computer: Computer & Accessories
Available and shipping now

Thru Amazon.com sellers MID1024 10", $342.63
Amazon.com: Coby KYROS MID1024-4G 10.1-Inch Touchscreen Tablet Computer: Electronics
Not shipping yet

Marty S.

Apr 15, 2011
I've noticed that the lowest range of the prices have jumped about $10 in the past week or so from about $165+/- shipped to about $175+/- shipped...

A quick Google Shopping link for the 7024:

Coby MID7024-4G 7" 16:9 2.2 Android Based Tablet Resistive Touchscreen

Amazon: Amazon.com: Used and New: Coby KYROS MID7024-4G 7-Inch Touchscreen Tablet Computer

Also, RitzCamera.com has it for $169 with no sales tax to most states and free shipping...

Does anyone have any reason not to use the lowest cost online store for this tablet? Any bad experiences from the cheaper places?

Good luck!

Marty

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
I also purchased mine through TheNerds.net. ($161.99 - $5 off coupon) + $9.99 s/h. Got it yesterday. Also, against my better judgment, I purchased a 3yr 'no fault' warranty for $29.99. I have NO experience with these devices yet and figured they are WAY more fragile than a laptop. My only disappointment so far is the dinky "slip cover" they call a protective case. I thought it might be like the one that comes with the Kyros 7015.

Anyway, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to learning through the forum.

Marty S.

Apr 15, 2011
All:

I have had a horrible, horrible buying experience with Ritz Camera (also trading as Wolf Camera) in trying to purchase a Coby MID7024. When I purchased online on April 13th (that's a week ago), I noticed just as I hit the send button that the shipping address through PayPal was my old home (we moved 9 months ago). I immediately called Ritz's customer service line but got a complete blow-off. The guy said that it would be taken care of -- don't worry -- we'll call the warehouse. Well, long story short, I have been in touch with Ritz 6 times since then and all along the way I have gotten the "Heisman" stiff arm from their customer "service" line and their Live Chat. First, it was going to be re-labeled to the right address in the warehouse; then, when that couldn't happen a day-and-a-half later, I cancelled the order but, surprisingly, two days later the package was shipped from FedEx even though the customer service guy said that it would be stopped. Then, they said that they would call FedEx to keep the item on the truck but, again, that was a complete lie -- the item was delivered. The representative suggested that I just "refuse delivery" but when I told him that I don't live at that address anymore, he said that they would take care of it. Now, even though I have been trying to stop the process since the 13th, Ritz says that they won't refund my money.

I have escalated the complaint through Paypal and I am trying to contact the Ritz corporate HQ here in Maryland. But, my advice is not to buy from them if this is the type of service they provide!!

Marty

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Thanks Marty, and good luck with PayPal as they can be flaky with transactions as I was told one thing and it still hasn't happen. Buyer Protection features is weak.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Not sure what the "real" price will be when they are available, but Sears is showing the same $199 price for both the 7025 and 7026. If it is close to that price, I will be getting the 7026 (just because of the 800 X 600 screen) as soon as it pops up as available. Both of these models (I believe) will have multi-touch screens and gingerbread OOB.

fadmcrank

Apr 13, 2011
All:

I have had a horrible, horrible buying experience with Ritz Camera... but, surprisingly, two days later the package was shipped from FedEx even though the customer service guy said that it would be stopped.

Yeah at least they attempted to send it to you! I rang up a sale with them for one on the 16th before reading your tale; Come Friday, I called to cancel the order because they hadn't shipped it yet!

These people don't want our money or what!?
o.0

acidchalk

Apr 6, 2011
Just get it from thenerds.net, they are good about getting it to you on time =). I know because i'm sitting next to a HUGE stack of them.

jus2tired

May 4, 2011
Just purchased the 7024 from the Nerds yesterday. Standard shipping will put it in my hands tomorrow... 2 days... Price now is $176.99. Excellent customer service. They emailed me to confirm my order by calling them. Once on the call they refunded my $9.99 shipping and the $3.99 rush processing... Just for calling... Found a couple of places a few dollars cheaper, but willing to pay that for good customer service... Can't wait to get mine tomorrow! I am new to Android, but not pc's. Read lots of good reviews on the Coby... I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Adorama.com they're based in NY but ships out of NJ. I only used them once. They're okay.

HSN is cheaper for the 8024 than them though $199 that 10" is max is $255 Way to high of price from them.

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010
I purchased my Mid8024 from an Amazon seller (Price Pros) for $188.13 plus shipping. It seems they are receiving limited inventory compared to the 7024 as they only have a few at a time and sell out quick. Tuesday morning they had none on Amazon and by mid afternoon they had 4 and then out of stock a couple hours later. Just have to watch it closely.

I see that there currently are three available now (May 14th at 11am eastern) on Amazon by another reseller but at a much higher price than what I paid. The same seller has them on Ebay right now as well for a couple bucks less than what they are selling them on Amazon.