where do i get apps?

deanchrs

Dec 18, 2011
I have tried using handago, but there isn't much to choose from. Where else can I get apps for this tablet?

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
Go to Google market, there are tons of apps in there. Depending, of course, what type of tablet you have. Some are a bit restrictive on what you can download. What tablet do you own?

deanchrs

Dec 18, 2011
Go to Google market, there are tons of apps in there. Depending, of course, what type of tablet you have. Some are a bit restrictive on what you can download. What tablet do you own?

It's the 10" gtablet 2.2

Please help! I have read about ways to change the tablet in order to get more apps. Do you know anything about doing that?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Dean -

It looks like you have the G-Tablet setup exactly as it came out the box, which is perfectly fine, but it does not give you access to the Main Android Market. Your choices are to read the How-to on flashing your device and installing a new ROM (not as scaring as it sounds, but it is a bit daunting), or using one of the other Markets. I would agree with Spider's comment to check out the Amazon App Market, which is not the same as Amazon.com or the Amazon Store.

Otherwise, if you decide you want to flash your tablet, read the links here: Viewsonic gTablet ROMS. I would recommend starting with http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...tion-stable-rc1-most-popular-rom-gtablet.html, the ROM is a little outdated now, but it is still newer than the stock and includes the full Android Market and Google Apps. You can even go all the way to a Honeycomb based ROM when you are comfortable, we have lots of users here that can help.

Let us know what we can do to help.

Cheers,
Peter

deanchrs

Dec 18, 2011
Dean -

It looks like you have the G-Tablet setup exactly as it came out the box, which is perfectly fine, but it does not give you access to the Main Android Market. Your choices are to read the How-to on flashing your device and installing a new ROM (not as scaring as it sounds, but it is a bit daunting), or using one of the other Markets. I would agree with Spider's comment to check out the Amazon App Market, which is not the same as Amazon.com or the Amazon Store.

Otherwise, if you decide you want to flash your tablet, read the links here: Viewsonic gTablet ROMS. I would recommend starting with http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...tion-stable-rc1-most-popular-rom-gtablet.html, the ROM is a little outdated now, but it is still newer than the stock and includes the full Android Market and Google Apps. You can even go all the way to a Honeycomb based ROM when you are comfortable, we have lots of users here that can help.

Let us know what we can do to help.

Cheers,
Peter

I checked out those links and just have to say that this is all WAY over my head. Where do I start? I'm ready to throw it out the window. I really need simple terms and step-by-step instructions on how to get this thing to function for me. Sorry for the frustration - I just really want this to work out.