I searched for wallpapers and found:

Code:
root@android:/ # ls -la /data/system/users/0/w*

-rwx------ system   system     705174 2013-01-21 01:49 wallpaper
-rw------- system   system        155 2013-01-21 01:49 wallpaper_info.xml
Code:
root@android:/ # cat /data/system/users/0/wallpaper_info.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<wp width="1920" height="1280" name="res:com.lenovo.wallpaper:drawable/wallpaper_architecture" />

It looks like the wallpapers are in /data/system/users/0/wallpaper which seems to be a container.

So where can I put my own wallpapers, so they can be chosen by the system?

a2109a

Dec 20, 2012
The gallery is active, because otherwise the camera disappears, but I have never opened it. I know, I could use QuickPic to import a wallpaper, but I would like to see my wallpapers - if possible - with the default wallpapers.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
The gallery is active, because otherwise the camera disappears, but I have never opened it. I know, I could use QuickPic to import a wallpaper, but I would like to see my wallpapers - if possible - with the default wallpapers.

The only way I know is to use the Gallery. Since the OS considers each wallpaper package an app, it may be more complicated than simply copying files to a directory.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I searched for wallpapers and found:

It looks like the wallpapers are in /data/system/users/0/wallpaper which seems to be a container.

So where can I put my own wallpapers, so they can be chosen by the system?

It's realitively easy.
I simply put mine in a folder on my external sd card and label it wallpapers/backgrounds/etc.
Then I go into that folder and place my own wallpapers in this folder. I myself like to put them in their own seprate sub folders according to the types of wallpapers they maybe, But that is just the way I prefer to do it.

You can then go into your gallery and it will showyou each individual folder and you can then click on the folder you want and select your wallpaper.
But I usually use a wallpaper resizer to do this so I very seldom go into the gallery unless I want to set a live Wallpaper.
Hope this helps....